• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

is there a way to wire in a torque converter lock switch for a aw4

B

brianb2247

the reason im asking the older cherokees ive seen in the junkyard have a confort switch for the transwhat is this switch and how do i wire one in ?
can this practically be done? could not find any otherforums that were remotely close to my questions or i was looking in the wrong placeNAXJA

brianb2247 said:
the reason im asking the older cherokees ive seen in the junkyard have a confort switch for the transwhat is this switch and how do i wire one in ?
can this practically be done? could not find any otherforums that were remotely close to my questions or i was looking in the wrong placeNAXJA

check BrettM's kits. i have one of his first kits in my Manche. works great.

AWShifting.com

If you have a 96 or older, and aren't afraid of basic wiring, check this article out: http://www.bigoffroad.com/bigpages/bigtech/2ndgear.htm

I did this on my 89 and it worked out great. Plans are to re-do it on my 88 before too long.

BrettMs kits are cool as well... I may go that route if the funds allow. My DIY was a tad to the 'crude' side (but worked) use good quality switches ;) since they will see some abuse.

Back