• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What bolt holds the Front Driveshaft to the Transfer case yoke?

Bronco

NAXJA Forum User
What bolt holds the Front Driveshaft to the Transfer case yoke?

I had my transfer case out in someone else’s garage and there were a bunch of people around and somehow the bolts that hold the front drive shaft to the transfer case yoke disappeared. I figured it was no big deal, I could just get new ones at the local ACE hardware but I took the shaft in today and nothing fit. It’s not a M8-1.25. It’s not a 5/8-16. If I can figure out what they are I ‘m sure I can get them.

Anyone know what they are?

Just FYI I found the right bolts. They are a strange bolt as far as I can tell. Jeep can’t get them. Nothing at the hardware store fit. I ended up going to a driveline shop and they had them. As far as I can tell it’s a metric 8mm x 35mm with a 10.5 threads per 10mm or a .952mm pitch. Go figure?

Or you can go to a chevy dealer and get them for a 1993 blazer. They are about a dollar a piece. Jeep wants about 4 bucks for em!!!

I just got some from ACE for my 87 XJ with a NP231. They were 5/16 fine thread. You can't get the 5/16 wrench head style but the 1/2 head will fit.

87xjco said:
I just got some from ACE for my 87 XJ with a NP231. They were 5/16 fine thread. You can't get the 5/16 wrench head style but the 1/2 head will fit.

I use a 5/16 UNF also.

Works great.

[font=&quot]I re-measured it and you guys are right it’s a 5/16-24 (or 5/16 UNF). Now the only question left is where were you all a month ago before the four phone calls to the jeep dealer, two trips to the hardware store, and one to the driveline shop?[/font]

Back