• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LED parking lights?

ZmOz

NAXJA Forum User
I know several people have done various things with LED taillights...anybody done anything with the parking lights on the front? I have clear corners and recently put in some Xtravision headlights. Now the clear corners and parking lights look very yellow. I'm thinking about trying to put in some white LEDs...anybody else done this?

I don't see why you couldn't, just get a buch of amber LEDs and start driling the back of your markerlights. i bought a package of red ones on ebay for another project for under 10 bucks shipped.

I think that is standard for all states, that they must be yellow or amber. I had blue corner marker lights in my prelude a few years ago, and they pulled me over for it. Some people are color blind and can't see if you have the light on or not if it's another color.

1989laredoxj said:
Don't your blinkers need to be yellow? I know they can't be white in MA

Don't know...don't care. :D They've been clear for a while now, no problems. Front blinkers aren't terribly important anyway. I tried shining one of my LED flashlights in one of the lenses, it looks MUCH better that way. Think about it, how many XJs have clear corners? I don't think I've EVER heard of anyone getting pulled over for them.

I put in all leds in my front end. Looks good. Theyre white as well.

Ill post pics in the next day or so.

doesn't this make them blink extra fast? also that site says to get amber lights for amber blinker lenses, why? couldn't you get white ones so they would be brighter?

brandon

shimmy said:
doesn't this make them blink extra fast? also that site says to get amber lights for amber blinker lenses, why? couldn't you get white ones so they would be brighter?

brandon

Some cars it does make them blink faster, but not in mine.

And the Amber lights need to be there for legality, but Ive never got busted for it.

I forgot to grab my camera when I went home (busy week) but I'll remember this weekend.

hjeepxj said:
Some cars it does make them blink faster, but not in mine.

And the Amber lights need to be there for legality, but Ive never got busted for it.

Do you have LED's in the rear?

The reason they blink faster is because the resistance thats inherent with a regular bulb is not there with an LED. I thought I read somewhere though, that if both front and rear are LED, they will blink normal. They only blink faster when it's one and one.

Back