• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what injectors should I go with?

jephs422

NAXJA Forum User
I bought this 88xj that sat for three years without running. I got a super deal on it and figured I'd turn it into a crawler. I finally got it running, but the injectrs could really use a cleaning. I figured it's be easier to just replace them with some good aftermarket ones. I did a search and found a few tips on which ones to go with, but where shoudl I buy them? any help would be awesome

jephs422 said:
Ford injectors? will they work? remember, I know nothing about injectors. I'm a carb guy

The orange top Ford 19lb injectors will work beautifully. Take a look in e-bay where you can find some good ones cheap.

The 19# injectors are great. I put them in my 90 4.0 and it makes just a world of difference. I agree with whoever it was ( sorry I forget who to give credit to) that said look at E Bay, thats where i got mine. Good luck.

Go to Ebay, search for Bosch Fuel injectors/Fiveomotorsports/Jeep cherokee fuel injectors...........you should come up with a bunch of hits. Dude, $185 and 48 hours from coast to midwest. Saved me about $100 and time as the local part stores couldnt get me a complete set till the end of the week. I ordered from Fiveomotorsport of California on monday evening, they arrived at my residence in Nebraska on wednesday morning, 10am. They run great and I have NO complaints, even come with the o rings, no kit to buy.

Took me about an hour to install.

Cory

you don't have to do anything to the pump or lines for the increased capacity?

good question. I won't need to change anything else will I? I am all for free performance. I found some from the 5.0 place for about 175.00 I think I'll order those if all of you say they'll work just fine

digger4u said:
The 19# injectors are great. I put them in my 90 4.0 and it makes just a world of difference. I agree with whoever it was ( sorry I forget who to give credit to) that said look at E Bay, thats where i got mine. Good luck.

That was me. :cheers:

Read the fine print there is a difference between the $155 and $175 items.
The $175 item has 4 ports (fuel outlets) and a little better IMO. :lecture:

Last edited:
The $155. price was for "takeouts", also 4 outlets, in the Bosch line. The $175 price was for "new" injectors. Not sure on teh Denso's.

Cory

look around locally, i found a place that specializes in mustangs and they sold me a set of 8 of the 4-port injectors for $80. i have 2 extras now.

Hey Bro'
I just got the #19 lb mustang injectors from e-bay and got them all and O-rings sent to my door for 32.50 total.
Go to e-bay to the motor parts , go to the Mustang section , look for Fuel Injection parts and you are there. I bid on three sets and got one for me and one for a Bro' I wheel with.
I have just put in a complete cooling system Rad to hoses,Timing chain,Injectors and cleaned the Rears also. Next is the Ford F-150 front spring lift (4 inches is what you get with them) rear AAL and blocks. Drive shaft CV-joints and ready for the MUDDD.
Thanks to all the info from the site, Its GREAT.
Merry Christmas to ALL
Hope it is a MUDDY one for ALL
WVridgerunner

Back