• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone other than HORE make 2dr Fender armor w/ flares?

spinaldex

NAXJA Forum User
I want to look at options for front & rear fender armor for my 2 door. I need to have flares on them (required by law and yes, the cops enforce it here).

The only set I've found so far is by Hooligan Offroad and I was hoping someone else might make some that I can check out. On the plus side, they have flares, but on the down side ...

- They don't go all the way to the window on the rear
- Since they don't go all the way up, they can't add a rub rail
- They don't do full wrap with light boxes (not a big deal I guess I could add those seperate).

Comparing those to a different set I like, Ares Fabrication makes some really awesome rear metal armor with killer rub rails and light boxes, but no metal flares.

Just wondering if there's someone I don't know about that could do this. Going rate for everyone's products seem to be about $1000 for front & rear, so that's pretty much my budget at the moment. Worst case, I just wait longer.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Try posting this in the modified tech section. I'm sure some one would know. Maybe ares fab could add some flares to their quarter armor for you?

Rustys rumored they would be puting out 2dr armor. A gentleman in the sierra chapter added on his own upper rubrail but he didnt have the fenders, just the lower armor plate. I am on the same quest. So far i have only found custom fabbed answers.
Best option i have found this far is this from dbmetalworks. You would need to add the femders though.
http://www.dbmetalworx.com/offroad-...ard-and-Rub-Rail/p/53608724/category=14060362

I would post this up in mod tech.

Last edited:
It sucks because I use rub rail a *lot*. In terms of priority, I would take a set like Ares' in a heartbeat as there's an actual value. However, the big arm of the law likes slapping tickets on people around here. Sometimes I wonder if they carry a tape measure instead of a firearm.

I have Hooligans rear flares ... Mine is a 4dr but still... The flare is a rub rail.. no need for a second that I see...

I know I am a couple of months late replying to this, but just got the Hooligan flares installed on all 4 corners on my 95XJ (4dr). I agree with Digger87xj that the flares have built-in rub rails, they are very solid (and look great)!

Back