• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 35 Axle Repair Bearings

yellowoctupus

NAXJA Forum User
So I opened up my Dana 35 and pulled out the leaking seals only to find the axles and bearings are shot. Nothing noticeable while driving, but the axle looks worn and the bearings don't look too good either. Gears look great, and since it's a 3.07 rear end, they're kinda hard to find around here, so I was considering using one of those 'axle repair bearings'. I did one years ago on an S10 and it worked fine.

Can anyone confirm the PN for the Dana 35 repair bearing is:

National RP5707 ID 1.399 - OD 2.295

I found that on an eBay UK site, but interestingly none of the US auto parts stores list it as being for a Jeep at all (Napa, Autozone, OReilly, etc). Not even National's part compatibility, even though they list the (non-RP) 5707 as being the correct bearing for a 91 Cherokee.

National 5707 ID 1.402 - OD 2.252

(OD seems way too big for a replacement part, unless the seal and bearing sit on different ODs in the axle tube or something??)

HELP!!

PS, Info from Rockauto's repair bearings through Centric:

Repair Bearing: PN-41464000 ID 1.399 - OD 2.294
Stock Bearing : PN-41364000 ID 1.402 - OD 2.252

Back