• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mechanic recommendations in Columbus GA

Car Enthusiast

NAXJA Forum User
Can anyone recommend a good mechanic around Columbus Georgia to either do a motor rebuild or put in a good used motor? I drove the jeep down to FT Benning for a school and it is starting to progressively tic worse and worse. I don't think it is going to make it back to NC before the poor old motor gives up. Or if anyone can help put a motor in I have weekends off. I was planning on doing a stroker when I got back to NC when I got back to the daily driver so I am trying to get it back up there without dropping the money on a temporary motor for a short period of time.

We have a few members in the Atlanta area. GAMike is north of Atlanta and might know someone down that way. Stump is in Atlanta and might know too. Is the tick top end or bottom end?

I would love to help, but the wife is dragging me up to West Virginia this weekend to see the grandkids. I'll not be back till sunday night.

Last edited:
I reached out to some of the guys on FB and all are around Atlante and North of Atlanta that I know. Good Luck!

Well if your ever back down this way and need help on the south side of town, especially I-85 between the airport and LaGrange give me a holler.

Back