• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear D60 - XJ Bolt In $500

akendal4

NAXJA Forum User
I'm about 2 weeks away from pulling the my rear D60 to replace with another D60 and I'd like to line up a buyer to keep it from sitting in the shop and taking up space. Reason for pulling is I need a wider axle to match the front (69" wms to wms) so I can ditch the wheel spacers. Here's the specs on the 60 for sale...

73 Dodge W300 D60
65" WMS to WMS
Disk brake conversion
4.88 gears
1310 yoke
Welded carrier
Ruff Stuff 2+ Perches
Barnes anti-wrap kit
Anti-wrap bar included
Rusty's TC skid included
*Will need new wheel bearings*

Anti-wrap bar and TC skid are included because this axle was set up with them and I will be making new ones with the new axle. This will bolt right into an XJ. Perches give you the option of 1, 2, or 3" of stretch. I ran it at 1" so I could keep factory shock mounting location, clear the wheel wells, and run a factory front drive shaft in the rear.

Asking $500. PM me for fastest response.

Thanks,
Adam

Wish I had the cash. Is this 30 spline or 35 spline?

Got any pictures? What's the current length on the shafts, and is this full-float? I haven't done much research on rear 60s, but this may be cheaper then going with a 14-bolt.

Got any pictures? What's the current length on the shafts, and is this full-float? I haven't done much research on rear 60s, but this may be cheaper then going with a 14-bolt.

I was going to link his build thread but PB screwed that up. Adam is a top notch guy I'd buy this axle in a heartbeat for my race jeep if I wasn't so poor.....

I'll grab the spare shaft length when I get home. It's a FF axle. The rear calipers/rotors/pads were new when it was installed back in the summer of 2015 and I've put about 3000 miles on it since then with majority being off-road miles. Here are the only photos I have at the moment. I will get more when I get home if you want. These were taken during the traction bar build which took place in August 2015. It looks the exact same except it's dirtier now.

IMG_0933 by Adam Kendall, on Flickr
60 2 by Adam Kendall, on Flickr

Back