• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Well, today could be a new chapter for me. The company gave me a new compensation plan which guarantees a 25% pay cut and, depending on the percentage that I reach of the unreasonable goal they assigned, a potential for a 43% pay cut - with no change in job duties and no merit based on my performance.

Maybe I quit, maybe I get fired. Who knows....

Damn thats rough we've been going through cuts to where I work. Luckily it hasn't affected me.... Yet :(

Last edited:
Well, today could be a new chapter for me. The company gave me a new compensation plan which guarantees a 25% pay cut and, depending on the percentage that I reach of the unreasonable goal they assigned, a potential for a 43% pay cut - with no change in job duties and no merit based on my performance.

Ouch. Sounds to me like it's time to start looking for a new job!

Doesn't quite sound like a company i would be working for for very much longer. Wonder what happened for them to make such a change. Either way it'd be looking for something else.

Well, for the first time ever I was fired...or at least I think I was. I had refused to resign, and when my boss called he put HR on the line right away. Her first sentence was "today will be your last day."

When I said, I wasn't resigning and asked if I was being let go, she used every word but "fired" to describe my situation.

Crappy day..

Well, true, but now comes the costly part - getting my non-compete into the courts and trying to find a make a living until that's done.

Well, for the first time ever I was fired...or at least I think I was. I had refused to resign, and when my boss called he put HR on the line right away. Her first sentence was "today will be your last day."

When I said, I wasn't resigning and asked if I was being let go, she used every word but "fired" to describe my situation.

Crappy day..
That sucks, but I agree that by your last posts it may not be a bad thing in the long run. How long have you been with that company?

I don't know how unemployment laws are there, but here in NC I believe most companies facing cutbacks will do what they can to push people out, without actually firing them, so they don't have to pay their share of unemployment costs should the former worker decide to file.

I'm sure everything will work out in the end, but you gotta love the hurdles life throws at you. Good luck!!!

I was with a privately owned company that was purchased by this company. we were bought a couple years ago and I was with the original company a few years before the purchase..

Crappy day..

Considering your last post it may not be a bad thing.

Agreed! Who knows what's in store next. Anything in particular you want to do, or do you want to stay in the same field?

The Grand's A/C compressor crapped out and messed up the bearing in the pulley. So we went to Express on Sunday at 2 pm (hotter than Hades) and got another pulley.

I drove the ZJ to get a new a/c compressor, clutch and service done. He says it's blowing snowballs. Yay!

Wow - must have been a busy month in the SEC. This thread hasn't been posted in for over 30 days.

I found out today that my brother's house is now underwater in suburban Houston. He and his family were approached by the National Guard this afternoon and removed from the house with nothing more than the dog and 2 changes of clothes each.

This kind of destruction takes on a whole new urgency when it affects family.

Get to replace the water pump/t-stat in the jeep, and will do hoses too this week.

Will wait on the fan clutch, as I may go to a thicker radiator, which may negate using the HD clutch.

Pump started weeping about 1 1/2 weeks ago, but my work schedule hasn't let me work on it til now.

It's not what I've done but what I'm hoping to do...think I've sold a broken lawnmower and I may have enough $$ to buy my 14 bolt diff cover I need (and want to upgrade).

Wheeled the flats Saturday. Nice place but very wet and sloppy. Sunday I worked in Deanna's yard mowing over trees with the jeep then cutting them off and dragging them out. Monday I had to work in the am but after that we moved the parts mercedes to the shop and the jeep and proceeded to make the "new" to me playground traversable.

http://imgur.com/a/eqqdU

Back