• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Member From Easley SC

Boot13

NAXJA Forum User
Hello everyone just joined up today.

I've had this 95 XJ for a few years, a coworker sold it to me for a great price. It had an oil leak at the oil filter adapter piece. While I was fixing that I spotted some holes in the floor pan and fixed those too. Other than a couple other minor issue the jeep is clean:

m1CoA1c0ZmKV3d-JGvbZoeZjq_m85Lq8hzBv38fcJtniJsNBulRUCeQhOSV3t80ZYeAjqfbo9Wm96cQboegwpcaQTzY98FhB58rUP0l9Kv8-zwKgMLWex7pRfBab5RA8G6ZmGqKdCLsJRmgGcYvc0Kjt1ooK2mIKTu_GYmR0KNi2ktdCEwF4jo6DV_hqOp-fx7ZyhaAfioCDBykpUhq7Ioov7b3NMY4bPHhwbwk1OSyOJ0MtPDLumzxASUojh7ytCWcWJgpi4we3Fe_zs3SUAPG6r2pmr4CvLn011daIoFRSHcJZpIcbffG0TxXHvXSNkxvSRBi4bRvknOOpaskjbY2RNKlO1kxdjFmUTPL8zGm2D-Ot2hxI-RVSOsknFxeLYKkBYoOHZ1FQZ14NZZTbJtBLLjLrMT8RmM-BRoGxb1uyaaNjmAd4xihSjwdr9gB1egZ6HpQVj7raNqigYUfDyWDcCh9n9jxllpRFS8GZmkDH7NTcSeH4xq1DtxMUYqifGbKYIEtgBVvpG3F1WCEl91KNFtBCXXhgzzBjRohyFfu2QhStsSAu4NKAbFuAB8sjTA5_IBwd7VXRpuJep6N4fBPi_nvuQiGIYwSlfUxx__8ZlViFqvc5GNcf=w800-h600-no

it was originally intended as a vehicle for my kids to learn how to drive. It's a 4.0 with a 5 speed. I drove it every so often to work and started growing attached to it. The newest driver int he house decided he wanted to buy his own car and it was going to be a few years until my daughter was going to be driving it started looking as if the Jeep was going to be neglected. A couple of weeks ago I decided we had too many cars and insurance was looking outrageous (teen drivers!), one vehicle had to go. I opted to cash in the little red scion in the background and bank that money and make the XJ my daily driver. The money from the sale of the scion would be used for funds to keep the XJ alive.

Yesterday I bought a bunch of spare parts and a nice way to store them in the form of another 95 XJ :doh:

JUMDE-qFbj9WStV2vR_CpNtKLR-GMqsw56K1R3RZ4wN_OxvrFurr3AKv9ZKi8AYvxL_G1vafcIwuZEyL2fSNjLftyxMW3-pPvYYCYOtCkYCBSH9-MYcMcUU8GM9f94E3wcR_46pBREMZYL3vjiOIrxmlocQbWTzjYUUIhT3qeBSdRBgqHKRTbkcl_yNvQlJBQ8ZituSTCQGV0PKTaHs7_QV8Bee8ehFJZWirflBplyibv-E71eBBF8OiRgSI5iAe1jUB-6U_IRAsLTAZL_JJQXX_1AujuGQIHgcQomD1PEGdU1HPMO95tHjNKyBW32l4k-JYmWIqDFSACXCV4vFCFFbZrbeGK9-NMWyidHdpVuR0LBCQGpsAuJGpdY5nA7yNrE5VyfVysc_bjC22_OBEb0ZWTWY6dtIFB-U5SF7UCurS8_79z6kmpVWiedYXTG4-9PKo7h7ItaHEIuallfuE1HuQUGL9GEXsUtxSMnH8GG7s7wPGsTVZVIezJDR_lXZUWFt-AQeNxBAef2WS8N7l2z_7k65ErN--zNVT4yze44vVk42jco0fr1IZZGkpy6z_MAHLqQDz7A6s2e2m2RfDKFU6ar7d4CokgWai7cj8WxhfrsIOSlyGbNu6=w900-h675-no

This one has an automatic transmission, and is not in as good of condition (mostly body and interior shot) however it ran strong and has a bunch of parts I can use. After I am done scavenging this one may turn into my trail rig and I may use my tan one to trailer it there since I do not plan on putting a plate on the red one. That brings me to why I joined. I have had Toyotas in the past and always saw the benefit of being in a club for these sort of vehicles. Since I am going to invest myself in my XJ I decided I should also join a club of enthusiasts to make friends and share knowledge.

I look forward to meeting everyone!

-Boot

Welcome to the addiction!

You picked the right place to keep them running and to help modify them.

Hello Boot, and welcome to the group. We understand that Jeeping is an addiction and we are here to help celebrate and encourage the use of your Cherokee in anyway possible. So, pull up a chair and enjoy.

Welcome aboard. A lot of us were just in Harlan for our Annual Event. I'm down in Hartsville and Andy is in Greenwood. There are a couple others around the state too.

Thanks for the welcomes! Its good to hear I'm not all alone in this area. I do see a lot of XJs around but I wasn't sure how many would be in NAXJA. I have been getting lost in all of the tech write-ups and amount of information available here. I'm like a kid in a candy store, just hopping from one area to another. I need to start a list and look at this more methodical if I want to get anything accomplished.

-Boot

Welcome Boot. Glad to have you aboard!

Very few of the xj's in SC and NC are on NAXJA much any more. Palmetto One is in Fort Mill too. Might be Rock Hill. Those two are so close I always mix them up.

Back