• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

park brake lever broken. where to get a new one?

cjben

NAXJA Forum User
92 jeep cherokee dana 35.well,my brake drum removal problem got lost in cyberspace,but I wanted to thank everyone that gave me ideas on how to take it off. all the brake parts inside the drum were destroyed because of the leaking/seized up wheel cylinder. I have all new brake parts,and was getting ready to get things put back together,and was trying to figure out how the park brake lever fit onto the shoe. I read the chilton's manual I have,and it said the lever is held on the shoe by a pin on the lever and a c clip on the other side of the shoe.I found an exploded view of the drum brakes on here,and the lever is supposed to have a pin on it problem? my park brake lever does not have the pin,looks like it has broken off. I can't find a new one on any of the part's stores web sites. where can I get a new one? surely this isn't a dealer only item? Is there another name for it? thanks!! Ben

Last edited:
Mine 92 has also total different brakes as you can see in the Heynes book.
The leveler of the handbrake is without a pin or C clip, its hooked in a hole of the brakeshoe Also the the adjust wheel is different.(upside down)
Greetings

Last edited:
wim hoppenbrouwers said:
Mine 92 has also total different brakes as you can see in the Heynes book.
The leveler of the handbrake is without a pin or C clip, its hooked in a hole of the brakeshoe Also the the adjust wheel is different.(upside down)
Greetings

how was the lever hooked to the brake shoe? My park brake lever does not have any holes in it. I guess i can take the passenger's side apart and look at it,but I was kind of waiting and doing one side at a time so I would have a reference.

cjben said:
how was the lever hooked to the brake shoe? My park brake lever does not have any holes in it. I guess i can take the passenger's side apart and look at it,but I was kind of waiting and doing one side at a time so I would have a reference.

Take the passenger's side apart and just look at it, you'll see what you need to see.

Back