• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need a shop in san dog

homebrew

NAXJA Forum User
I need to get my avalanches tranny seviced flush and new fluid. Any recomendations? I live neat tha Q

homebrew said:
I need to get my Avalanches tranny serviced, flushed and new fluid. Any recommendations? I live near the Q.

Don't you think you could change the fluid yourself?

Just stay away from the dealers, or even the chain service centers....
or the Mom and Pop's or the greasy guy with the plumbers crack, or the shop that seems to always be open at 2am....or ....ah hell....do it yourself!!

:D

I could change the fluid, but I want a flush, its been 100k I dont know if its ever been changed. So figure a good flush is in order

I agree, kinda pushing it with a flush. Though, i did mine at 91000 and it's still doing fine. If you want a flush, i can recommend a Jiffy Lube you can go to. I used to work there, and yes, 99% of the Jiffy Lubes are shady as hell, but this guy is honest. It's a little drive though. Broadway and E in Chula Vista. exit off the 5 @ E st. turn left onto E. go to the broadway intersection and you will see it. Might want to call ahead and see if Arvin is there, they might ask you big arvin or little arvin, lol, there might still be two of them. It's big arvin you want to talk to. Tell him that Dustin that used to work w/ him told you to go to him. He's really cool, and will probably hook you up w/ a little discount if you ask for it. If you are military they give 10%, AAA 10%.

Other than that, that's the only place i would trust other than myself to touch my vehicle.

ok so what is the problem with getting a flush done. Wouldnt it be better to flush the system out rather than just changing the fluid/filter? dip stick check fluid is still red not to dark.

Another vote for a real service. Why change the fluid and leave an old dirty filter in there?

If the pan doesn't come off, you're doing it wrong.

Well if the fluid is still red I'm sure it has been changed. The problem with powers flushs' is the tend to get the grit holding your trans together at that kinda of mileage. If you do geta flush make sure you get one that is powered by the trans pump.

Back