• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anti theft device

Couldnt They Just Drive With Some Vice Grips

Whats A Nss

xjrugger said:
what about a detachable steering wheel, what r the pros and cons of these things?
Cons are that you have to carry the steering wheel around wherever you go, and that a common way to steal has become a flatbed truck. Once they've dragged your Jeep onto the flatbed they don't need to be able to steer it.

On the pro side, you can pop the wheel off while at a red light and really freak your date out!

in a lot of cases you can turn the wheel so it makes it a b*tch to drag, but yeah the sc*m bags here in NY will flatbed, it happened to my buddy's dodge. Im just looking for another deterent b/c im in deep enough where if it were stolen i would cry, plus the jeep been in the fam since birth. Thank u for the replies

Some bastid just broke into my jeep through my vent window. I had to open the little vent lever a few times when I locked myself out. It sure isn't hard to break into an xj with these. My CD player was the target. The bastid left my power inverter, winch control, spare shafts etc. I think he just stole my cd and some spare change I had.
I have a devise I got on a infomercial where you can lock your brake or clutch pedal. This is nice because the creep can cut your steering wheel and slide off the "Club."

xjrugger said:
in a lot of cases you can turn the wheel so it makes it a b*tch to drag, but yeah the sc*m bags here in NY will flatbed, it happened to my buddy's dodge. Im just looking for another deterent b/c im in deep enough where if it were stolen i would cry, plus the jeep been in the fam since birth. Thank u for the replies

I know you live in New York an all, but is there a way you can store it in a garage or somewhere. I have 3 other vehicles besides my jeep so I cannot store all of them in my 2 car garage.

i was thinking of (in addition to my anti theft devices) chaining it to the basketball pole so that they would probably not notice it and when they pull off in reverse it will rip out of the ground and make lots of noise at which point a neighbor or myself (if im sober) will hear. It's really troubling me. I think a detach wheel will be a good addition but there still is the fear of the flatbed.

As far as anti-theft ideas, I found this site had some really good ideas... Seems to apply to '97s and newer, but good none the less.

Click Me! Click Me!

Back