• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

san jose meet & greet, pot luck, build party combo - Sat 1/28

pick a day for this fiasco, i mean shindig!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

knucklehead 61

NAXJA Forum User
** The official date is Saturday, Jan 28th. **
Official time is 12 noon until whenever, come earlier if you have a large project.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
since it has been nearly forever since there has been a south bay meet & greet i think it is time to set one up. party1:party1:party1:party1:party1:party1:
so...
it will be at the fun factory (my house / shop) in north east san jose.
15287 penitencia creek rd. san jose 95132
(just across the bridge of death, enter at your own risk!)
i have parking for about 50 rigs or so, so thats not an issue.
bring your own beer / booze / liquid refreshments, & what ever food / snacks / appetizers you want to share. i have a fridge & micro-nuker in the factory.

as always, i will be working in the shop & will probably be doing some type of welding, so this will also be an open build party for anyone who wants to work on their junk.

it sounds like we have at least one guy who wants to do a gear swap & yes, i have a press, dial indicators, gear marking yellow snot, a d-30 case spreader, & everything else needed to do....well, just about anything.
but i hate getting that messy, so you get to do all the dirty work. i'll watch, make fun of you, & do any welding needed.

NOTE: NEW FUN FACTORY RULES!
don't dump your used oil all over the ground & my snap-on floor jack ($$$) like the last bozo i let swap gears at my shop. he almost blew it for everyone, i seriously was considering not letting anyone else but a couple close friends work on their junk in the fun factory ever again.
he didn't even apologize or help clean up. i was pissed but didn't say anything, i just cleaned up his giant mess myself. this will not happen again or you will be perma-banned from my shop! i typically do not charge for my services (but will gladly accept donations for shop supplies) so don't abuse it!

now for the date: vote in the poll to determine the date.

for a time, how about noon till whenever. if you have a longer project in mind (like swapping an axle housing, gears, or a lift kit) you can start as early as 8:00 am as i'll be out there working on my junk, & stay till it is done. i typically close up around 9:00 on saturdays so there is lots of time to get-er-done! :gee:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: san jose meet & greet, pot luck, build party combo!

Any weekend is fine so I chose the last option to be difficult.

fight_club-0-500x281.jpg

Last edited:

14th or 28th work for me. I get off work at 7 am Sat. morning So I would come after a bit of sleep

28th, just to have time to plan.

I don't have any work that wants doing at the moment, but I haven't been to a M&G in a while, and I'd like to correct that oversight (the last one was FarmerMatt's...)

I will see if I can get the 21st off of work. Ive been trying to get to one of these meet and greets since i joined this forum. Assuming my jeeps working right still, I am gonna do my best.

I would definitely be down for a meet and greet that's a lot closer to my place than Sac. I accidentally voted for the 28th but would meant to put the 21st down.

voted for the 28th. Who has some experience and wants to help me install a set of gears? I think I will have one axle done by then so it would just be one axle. Ill bring your favorite brew (provided I can find it) or something else as a token of my appreciation, since I dont know jack about gearing besides what I learn between now and then

Id be up for Sat the 14th, and then wheeling sunday the 15th. Ill be up at school after that.
(Tim, plz check your PM's)

Last edited:

so far it is looking good for the 28th.
luckily only 2 bozo's voted for: "never, i don't want to go to the fun factory & meet anyone!"
one was the_weirdo & no one really wants that power wielding moderator bully to show up anyway. he just makes fun of my welds & hurts my feelings causing me to schedule extra sessions with a therapist to work things out.

on another note, if i get bored i was thinking it would be fun to build an rti ramp so some of you mall crawlers can flex your junk.

on second thought, that didn't sound quite right.

we could always lift a tire with my forklift attachment on my bobcat & measure the height. or i could flip the_weirdos rig on it's side by accident. yeah, that would be fun!

See what I can do about going on the 28th. Not shifting again, so transmission is coming out Saturday for the slave cylinder. If all is good by then, I'll drive on out. Never hurts to learn how to drive a bobcat!:roflmao:

I'd love to come visit your fun factory (we are talking about the shop, right? :wow: ) If I don't get my truss welded up by then, maybe I could bring my axle/truss and "get'r done". If I do, then maybe I'll bring it down and take advantage of the press to set up my gears. Beats using my "hammer press" that I usually use. I could even bring a couple of nice big Costco pizzas for everyone to munch on. (I know, not the best pizza. But ya get a lot cheep!) Whatever day it is I'll try to make it down. And thanks Tim for offering your fun factory up for us deprived children. :worship:

I'd love to come visit your fun factory (we are talking about the shop, right? :wow: ) If I don't get my truss welded up by then, maybe I could bring my axle/truss and "get'r done". If I do, then maybe I'll bring it down and take advantage of the press to set up my gears. Beats using my "hammer press" that I usually use. I could even bring a couple of nice big Costco pizzas for everyone to munch on. (I know, not the best pizza. But ya get a lot cheep!) Whatever day it is I'll try to make it down. And thanks Tim for offering your fun factory up for us deprived children. :worship:

it is looking like it will be the 28th, so bring the truss & we can burn it in. i assume it will be out of the rig, right? i am trying to limit my under jeep welding after a nasty experience involving my mig welder, the_weirdo's jeep, & my previously long beard. :shocked:
lets just say its not fun catching your face on fire! :jester:

i am trying to limit my under jeep welding after a nasty experience involving my mig welder, the_weirdo's jeep, & my previously long beard. :shocked:

The good thing is that the burnt hair smell has almost been completely removed from the fun factory. You can only smell it a little now.

The good thing is that the burnt hair smell has almost been completely removed from the fun factory. You can only smell it a little now.

maybe that's why so few people are planing on coming...
or it could be because they know you will be there. :scared:

it is looking like it will be the 28th, so bring the truss & we can burn it in. i assume it will be out of the rig, right? i am trying to limit my under jeep welding after a nasty experience involving my mig welder, the_weirdo's jeep, & my previously long beard. :shocked:

Yeah, it's outa the rig. It's a hp44 I'm putting together with a TNT truss. I have almost all the parts to finish it now, so it's time to start the build. I still need all the steering parts, track bar and brake calipers/pads. Do you have a stick welder too? I might just bring a load of 7018 or 7021's to burn it in (welds look real purdy with them thar rods :D ) I can imagine it ain't fun having your beard catch on fire. A guy my brother once worked for was doing a vertical weld on the side of a dump bed above his head. A large blob of slag fell off and went inside his clothing and burned EVERYthing from his neck to his ankle. He wasn't having any fun with his wife for a few days after that. :roflmao:

Yeah, it's outa the rig. It's a hp44 I'm putting together with a TNT truss. I have almost all the parts to finish it now, so it's time to start the build. I still need all the steering parts, track bar and brake calipers/pads. Do you have a stick welder too? I might just bring a load of 7018 or 7021's to burn it in (welds look real purdy with them thar rods :D ) I can imagine it ain't fun having your beard catch on fire. A guy my brother once worked for was doing a vertical weld on the side of a dump bed above his head. A large blob of slag fell off and went inside his clothing and burned EVERYthing from his neck to his ankle. He wasn't having any fun with his wife for a few days after that. :roflmao:

i'll have to check to see if i have a stinger that i can plug into my tig welder.
if i do you are welcome to use it.

Back