NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA's Technical Forums > Modified Tech Discussion
Register FAQ Users List Calendar Mark Forums Read
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Donate Bylaws Store Members Chat E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old September 13th, 2017, 08:50
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Looking for a winch

Murphy is a good friend of mine, luck strikes again! STAY AWAY FROM NATES 4X4!

I've been waiting for 2 weeks for the hardware to mount the bumper. I told him before the Labor Day weekend, I had this trip planned this coming weekend. The Sunday before the holiday I drove to pick up the bumper over an hour away and paid cash, big big mistake. I figured I could trust the guy and wanted to support local folks. After the wild goose chase I've had between phone calls and texts, I don't wish anyone this terrible experience. I finally got the frame plates mounted yesterday and put the bumper in place. It looks like dog shit slapped on the front my jeep, huge gaps between the bumper and header panel, the fitment is terrible. The craftsmanship and welding aesthetics is awful, nothing is symmetrical or even. The bolts he ordered me were wrong so I had run back to Mid-state to exchange them for the correct size. The shackles are from China as well so I don't trust using them. Very disappointed and hopefully you guys learn from my mistakes. Lesson learned!
Old September 13th, 2017, 09:29
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by volumeknob View Post
STAY AWAY FROM NATES 4X4!
been that way for years.
Old September 13th, 2017, 10:15
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAhasnoWAVES View Post
been that way for years.
So I've read....Which is too bad, these are things that can be fixed very easily. Maybe I need to start my own company for the off road arena.
Old September 13th, 2017, 13:28
NAXJA Member

Sorry to hear about the issues with your bumper. Few thing more aggregating then getting something that doesn't live up to expectations. Hope you get things straight.