• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CAD file for Frame brace?

Hickey

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have a DXF or other type of computer generated drawing of a steering frame brace? I would like to make some laser cut frame brackets to incorporate into my front bumper. Searching did not yield much talk of such a file.

do you guys not have the ability to do it in cad or you just to lazy to measure?

no i dont have one but incorperated one into my front bumper mounts that i made and it really isnt that hard i mean its just three bolts if you doing jsut the steering box

dave's crazy said:
do you guys not have the ability to do it in cad or you just to lazy to measure?

no i dont have one but incorperated one into my front bumper mounts that i made and it really isnt that hard i mean its just three bolts if you doing jsut the steering box
I would like more exact placement of the holes. I would aslo like to take advantage of the rest of the holes on that frame side. As far as lazy goes... isn't the purpose of this forum to share and discuss ideas, to better educate and advance it's participants?

Hickey said:
I would like more exact placement of the holes. I would aslo like to take advantage of the rest of the holes on that frame side. As far as lazy goes... isn't the purpose of this forum to share and discuss ideas, to better educate and advance it's participants?

Share and discuss, yes. But you are looking for the answer. If you want exact placement of the holes check with a body shop that does frame straightening. They have all the dimensions of the the uni-rails and most points on the body.

Before CAD there was cardboard. Make a template of the shape you need and locate the holes by marking them on the back side of the cardboard through the holes - use a pencil or even better a shot of paint through the hole with the template held tight to the outer surface. Voila.

Back