• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Iceland Offroad Flares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airsailor

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have any updated info on Iceland Offroad? I was wondering if it is still a headache or if they've resolved the issues. Cant seem to find any updated info.

I dunno, they get pretty decent ratings, and the videos show them getting thumped pretty hard. Ran over even. Just didnt know if they smartened up any or if they still take your money and may or may not send you the product within 4-5 months.

I wouldn't imagine those working well on the the trail, you'd be better off with bushwackers if you wanna blow money on fender flares..

So I take that as a no...nobody has any recent dealings with the place? IMO the Icelands are the best looking of any of the "plug & play" type flares. They would be going on my DD/Mallcrawler, and that only sees modest trails on camping trips. My CJ5 is my bulldog.

They are still made of fiberglass and will shatter if you bump something on the trail.

Oh will they? My buddy had their bumper on his WJ and it did $2000 to a civic when the civic pulled in front of him. Scraped his bumper up.

That would be a great comparison, if the rubicon was made of plastic rocks.

The bumper was every bit of 1/2" thick, thats pretty damn strong. He had problems with the mounting points on his flares breaking off. He also had a PT cruiser pull in front of him and he hit it at about 30, destroyed his track bar and axle but the bumper was intact....again. That said, it took an absurd amount of time to get his bumper but he was deployed so it didn't hurt his feelings. I would never order from them.

Haven't looked in to their bumpers, I'd assume they are steel with a fiberglass shell? 1/2" thick fiberglass probably weighs as much as 1/4" steel. I'll stick with parts that don't have the potential to shatter and cost less.

Ummm....your point? Yeah I got on here to ask about Iceland Offroad. Sorry I havnt posted 12 million posts, Ive got lots better things to do, like girls and beer and jeeps, Figured there might be some sort of constructive info on here. So far Ive heard about gay sex and Honda Civics.....I already know what they are made of, I already know if I like them or not, I already know they are still in business, I just wanted to know if they have gotten any better since the 2010 posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back