• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf Bushing Recommendation

dktool

NAXJA Forum User
I replaced my leafs last year and used Moog bushings, the rear ones are already DONE ! Granted it has seen a good bit of twisting in that time but I am surprised they are this sacked already.
What are good options for this bushing, or should this just be considered a "consumable" ?

I'm surprised to hear the MOOG's are trashed already. May be asking the obvious, but one thing that can kill bushings fast is if you tighten the through bolts with the vehicles tires hanging in the air; they should only be tightened when the weight of the vehicle is resting on the tires, no jack stands, no floor jacks present.

Everything was torqued with vehicle on the ground. U-bolts, leaf & shackle bolts, etc.

Would I be better off running Poly bushings ? My shackles came with Poly's in uppers, looks to be holding up ok.

Back