• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil Filter Adapter

xJeepxXJxThingx

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 93 Cherokee with the 4.0 aw4 and one of my orings pinched and it leaks all over I figured I would just take it off and get the new ring but I can't figure out which torx but it is I have tried a 60 and still too small I need help

Mine was a T70 on my 94.

It is tough to break loose.

I ended up using the handle off my hi-lift (have I ever mentioned how useful that is) had the wrench handle pointed straight up, put the hi-lift handle down through the engine bay on to the wrench handle and got a few small turns on it that way.

would it help if i got a closed end wrench that would fit the torx and also the torx bit is a little loose is there anyway that it could be an allen head

would it help if i got a closed end wrench that would fit the torx and also the torx bit is a little loose is there anyway that it could be an allen head

what year is your Jeep?

I put a box wrench around the torx bit and duct taped them together.

It takes some creativity to get something to fit there and get enough leverage but once you figure that out its cake.

Mine took 15 mins literally, torx bit in box end wrench, held in there with a little shop towel, something over the wrench for leverage and done! I was amazed! Although in all my research the torx was a size larger than everyone said, t70 maybe? cant quite remember.

On my dads 92 XJ it was a 9/16 allen wrench. the only place i found that carries one that big was ace hardware and it was under lock and key. good luck.

Well I work at sears and Autozone part time. so i picked up a set of box end wrenches cheap and im hoping i can break it loose tonight. wish me luck ill let you know how it goes

Mine took 15 mins literally, torx bit in box end wrench, held in there with a little shop towel, something over the wrench for leverage and done! I was amazed! Although in all my research the torx was a size larger than everyone said, t70 maybe? cant quite remember.

Thats what I found as well, most people said 60, but it was a 70

None of them want to come loose easily the first time. I took a 1/2" breaker bar and welded the torx bit to the end of it to break the bolt loose with and then I modded another bit to adapt to 1/4" drive ratchet so I can run it off/on quickly.

I've done several of the adapters with this set up and its a 15 min job now

that bolt is seriously stuck in there and i dont really know what to use to get leverage ive broken 1 wrench already anything that will help?

Leverage! Thats why I modded a 1/2", 20" long breaker bar to snap them loose with! I have also broken many wrenches trying to break these bolts loose with in the past.

check your regional forum and see if someone local can give you a hand.

Better quality wrench + bigger cheater bar--seriously.

Back