• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D&C Extreme Cage

My buddy ( tuffxj ) has there cage installed in his rig. Its a great starter cage for sure for the amount of $$ they want for it. Not sure if he has pics of it being installed but I will ask him when I see him next.

LOTS of us CO guys have D&C's cage. Like stated above, it's a good starter cage for the money. It can be made better with some additional tube, gussets and bracing to the unibody.

I've got one in my 2dr.

i had a bad experiance w/ D&C. first it took them 2 and half months 2 ship it 2 me. and 2nd i asked for DOM they charged me extra for DOM and i didnt get DOM. so i had to argue and send them pictures to show it wasnt DOM and they finnaly gave me some of my money back. then it took them 2 more weeks to send the mounting plates.

its a pretty good starter cage. the seat belt bar is almost intrusive on the passengers but managable. if u have an over head counsol(sp?) u have 2 do some customization in cutting it 2 still use it.

i also use the cage 2 hang a hammock. i do enjoy relaxation.

YELLAHEEP said:
LOTS of us CO guys have D&C's cage. Like stated above, it's a good starter cage for the money. It can be made better with some additional tube, gussets and bracing to the unibody.

I've got one in my 2dr.

I've been looking at getting one for my 2 door as well. How badly does it limit the access to the back? Nobody ever sits back there, but I put all my camping gear back there. Can you still get stuff in and out fairly easy?

Blue XJ said:
I've been looking at getting one for my 2 door as well. How badly does it limit the access to the back? Nobody ever sits back there, but I put all my camping gear back there. Can you still get stuff in and out fairly easy?

Depends on how much tube you put there. If you just go with the standard kit, it's not bad. The lower part of the "B" hoop comes down behind the seat into the foot well and anchors on top of where the unibody rail is. That can be a little bit in the way, but for camping gear, I usually lift and load everything over the cross bar that spans the "B" hoop. A person can get creative and make that cross bar removeable. Just weld in come larger dia. tube cut in a "C" then run a bolt through it to hold the cross bar in place.

For that area I would have just the basic cage that comes with the kit. My only thought was the cross bar, but now that you mention it, the hoop would be slightly in the way.

You wouldn't by chance have a picture of that area? Like what you would see with the seat flipped forward would you?

I have got one, it is great. If you are getting it for a two door ask for a straight bar for behind the front seats.

does anyone have pics of the cage

www.projectxj.com has a good write up and pics.

Here is a pic of the front section on mine, I have since added spreaders to the B pillar.
IMG_2803_small.jpg

what would one add to the d and c cage to make it better. And for safty which is better d and c or EOR

Back