• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

installing overhead console question

CaptTrev

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 96 sport without the overhead console, but would like to install one if i came across one.

question is: do i still have the same wiring even though i dont have the full length console (i have only the small receiver for the remote door locks)

also-do i already have the sensors installed for the compass/thermostat? where are they located?

capttrev

I'm pretty sure the wiring is in place for the overhad console. The only sure way is to actuallly lookup there. As for the outside temp wires and stuff I found mine in the middle of my XJ's nose when I had the front bumper off to install the factory front hooks. Luckily I had the FSM to figure out what it was for.
The only thing they did not put in my 98XJ was the sockets in the PDC for the factory fogs but after I saw the OEM add on kit found I did not need them.
I also remember postings from wayyyy back like 'I pulled my headliner off, what are those extra wires for up there'....
An overhead console would be nice, my center console is flat out stuffed with necessities that I don't use all the time but when I need them I need them now. A place to keep my raybans case, aa mag light, tape measure, stud finder and extra web belt w/buckle would be handy.

on the way guys.... anyone else who wants this... please send me an email as I dont visit every thread I get the reply on as my cookies got stale and moldy and are misbehaving....

Back