• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmission line retaining

JDFRotten

NAXJA Forum User
Hi. My 1991 XJ seems to be missing some sort of bracket that secures the transmission line that comes off of the upper radiator fitting to keep it from contacting the fans or the harmonic balancer. I've noticed that some radiators have a little hole between the tabs where the fan shroud and electric fan clip in the bottom. My radiator doesn't have this hole. Instead it separates the tabs between the two fans. I suspect that there's some sort of bracket that's missing, but for the life of me, I can't find an illustration or a picture of it.

IIRC the "bracket" is bolted to the oil pan. :eyes: It's just a Q shaped doo dad that hold the steel line solid.

I don't have the brackets anymore, I have all rubber hoses, no steel lines carrying tranny fluid after I kept blowing out the quick-connectors.

:anon:

Back