• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power-window glass going up Unevenly... Solution please?

Crist Clapper

NAXJA Forum User

Sound like a good reason to take the interior door panel off, so you can clean, lube and adjust the window mechanism and tracks.

Sound like a good reason to take the interior door panel off, so you can clean, lube and adjust the window mechanism and tracks.

Should have mentioned... Already done.:wave:

IMG_1110_zpsriw6apyf.jpg

Make sure the glass tracks are not twisted or pinched. Rewire the power lines to the motor. Replace the window motor.

Observation: Just the two front window glasses... Back two okay.

Define "Unevenly" ??? Speed varies like it is hanging up in places, goes down fast and barely? Or moves side to side?

TIM_Mn made good suggestions, I had both problems, had to replace the vertical felt guides on mine, and the outer wiper trim assy was bend and was binding on the glass on the way up.

Next step(s)…

All input received and appreciated. Most suggestions executed.

Observation is that one of the window-run weather-strippings is too tight.

All the weather-stripping is original except one; The one that divides the vent-glass which is after-market.

Therefore, I purchased OEM/NOS replacements.

Now I need to remove the glass to replace the weather-strippings. I have studied the how-to-do, but have not figured-out how to-do.

Help?

Good news, no need to remove the glass. It is possible to swap the seal/glass guides with the window rolled down. You pry the vertical ones loose and pull it straight up and out, but there is something down at the bottom holding it in place you must break or knock loose first, I forget exactly what it was, plastic snap in part of the WS guide IIRC. I just busted the top and bottom into 3-4 parts (It is very brittle) and that makes it easier, smaller pieces to yank, pry and screwdriver flat blade chisel out out. Then just slide the new one in. The horizontal one I just bent to make it straight so it did not bind anymore, but if it is like my Saturn, it is just a clip on that goes on and off with a pry tool, rubber hammer set, with out taking out the window. But there may be hidden clips on it???

Suggestion: First you roll the window down. Remove the door panel. There is a screw in the top of the frame that attaches to the door window frame, and one at the bottom. Remove them and rotate the the wind wing back. Then you can remove it.

The solution: It worked... Thank you! What I did not feel comfortable doing was tugging on the vent-glass frame. With your specific suggestion... I tugged and out it came!

PS: Apparently the after-market was a bad fit... As the OEM/NOS has a larger opening for the glass to slide.

Back