• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Almost build time!!

arctycfox

NAXJA Forum User
almost ready to begin!!!!

100_3264.jpg

100_3265.jpg

100_3267.jpg

100_3268.jpg

100_3269.jpg

Re: Amost build time!!

I have a set of those 33" MTR's(bairly used) + NEW spare mounted on Limited wheels that I would have sold you for under a grand......... :dunno:

WOO!!! Exciting!!!!!!:spin1:

starting to tear down on Fri. afternoon round 4:30pm. Would love some more XJ experienced peoples as I'm an XJ noob.

Adam

Well I could come by Saturday afternoon as its my g/f's babyshower and I'm not attending.

ok, nevermind. you're doing the RE 5.5 long arm, i just reread your other thread about fitting 35's.

you'll need to trim your fenders a bit, but there is a way to do it and retain your factory flares that makes it look real clean. i wish i would have done it, i threw my flares away thinking i wouldn't need to trim for my 32's. learned the hard way that i did need to trim.

the re la kit requires welding if i'm not mistaken.

DutchVDub said:
you'll need to trim your fenders a bit, but there is a way to do it and retain your factory flares that makes it look real clean. i wish i would have done it, i threw my flares away thinking i wouldn't need to trim for my 32's. learned the hard way that i did need to trim.

Can you let me know how that trimming goes? I wanna do that to mine because I am thinking about getting new flares or jus taking them off but why waste money when I can trim em. :laugh3:

XJNOOB93 said:
Can you let me know how that trimming goes? I wanna do that to mine because I am thinking about getting new flares or jus taking them off but why waste money when I can trim em. :laugh3:

There is a write-up on the site somewhere, I just can't seem to find it right now.

Basically you just figure out where you want the factory flare to sit and then drill new holes for the mounting bracket. Once you do that you just trim out the extra metal.

If I can get ahold of some stock old style flares for mine cheap I'll be doing that to mine.

You can do it to the rear too, but you can't remove much material. 2 doors allow more room for rear arch removal, but the door is in the way on the 4 doors.

Thats about the only thing those "wannabe wranglers" have on us with the "real" cherokees. :D (Just giving Troy and Josh some shite)

DutchVDub said:
There is a write-up on the site somewhere, I just can't seem to find it right now.

Basically you just figure out where you want the factory flare to sit and then drill new holes for the mounting bracket. Once you do that you just trim out the extra metal.

If I can get ahold of some stock old style flares for mine cheap I'll be doing that to mine.

You can do it to the rear too, but you can't remove much material. 2 doors allow more room for rear arch removal, but the door is in the way on the 4 doors.

Thats about the only thing those "wannabe wranglers" have on us with the "real" cherokees. :D (Just giving Troy and Josh some shite)
Dude 2 doors are way more sexy then 4 doors just facts of life.

Odds are it's going to be a good weekend long build up. I do have plans allready for friday sat. but if I can finish them up saturday or early saturday I'd love to help with that kit. I have RE stuff just no Long arm install exp.

Stang5lgt said:
Dude 2 doors are way more sexy then 4 doors just facts of life.

NOT! I love my 4 door. =]

Kit Arrived today!!! Yeah! I figure it won't be running by Mon anyway cause of the SYE to be installed, but hoping to finish the lift by Mon. evening.

manual, but trying to get a new drive chain for it too, as I think mine is slack. Prob going to order a rebuild kit, and chain from Quadratec.

Back