• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 door rear electric windows

unden42

NAXJA Forum User
this site sure is a fountain of knowledge. i have a 92 xj 2 door with electric rear windows and the switches are on the front part of the stick shift shroud. the guy i bought it from said they just quit working. intresting coniguration though. anybody know about these? one of the paddle things that glue to the windows is snapped off too. any fix ideas?

I've never heard of the rear windows being powered! Must be custom. However, neat.

I'm not sure what epoxy you could use. Perhaps an epoxy designed for rear view mirrors? Apparently that works with glass well......since the rearview mirror IS mounted to glass.

Besides that, I'm not sure what could be wrong. Wiring, the motors, etc......who knows.

My latest acquisition has power rear vent windows, but my switches are on the drivers door panel.

As for re-attaching the part to the glass, I believe that a rear view mirror adheisive should work. Make sure both surfaces are clean and dry when attaching.

good luck,
Tom

Here are a few pics of the "custom" rear electric windows on my 2 door xj. Like this when i bought it, and they dont work.

Here is the switches and their wiring.
120107_13441.jpg

This tab was origionally glued to the window but has since lost its bond. An easy fix though.

120107_13461.jpg

That tab is guided along these rails that sit just inside the window jamb, pushed and pulled by cable i think. The device is snaked down behind the panel as you can see to a motor i assume.

120107_13451.jpg

Here's an outside view

120107_13492.jpg

Its all wired into the fuse pannel i think.

120107_14011.jpg

I got a few extra wires hanging everywhere. kind of a hack job.

120107_14012.jpg

Here's my other ride.

120407_10212.jpg

Just kidding. So anyway- they dont work but it be cool to get em going.

Back