• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

35% tint in cali on front side windows "legal"?

TwistedcaB

NAXJA Forum User
Cali. law says 70% of light must be able to pass through the front side windows so would 35% be "alright "at just 5% over?

also any one have a pic of 35% on passenger and drivers side windows and limo for the rest? and i need the back to be limo since i camp in it and don't want the pervs around here to look in haha.

any CHP or local officer will tell you that any window tint is illegal up front. IIRC, the ONLY tint you can get away with legally are the smoked windows from the mfr like BMW and Benz does. You can go crazy with the rears and no more than 6" from the top of the windshield

You can only limo out the back if the vehicle has 2 outside mirrors. If you only have the drivers side than any tint will be considered an obstruction of view and illegal.

hahaha nothing in california is "legal"....:gee:

marijuana if you were in a bad accident and you get a nice doctor..

Yah that is very true..hahahah Sort of ridiculous if you ask me.

No tint on the front windows is legal in the state of California. Dont let window tinting shops fool you into to purchasing "legal" tint for your front windows (Unless it's clear..but why would anybody wanna do that?). And a doctors note will not work either. "Word on the street" is, just go get a note from your doctor (for skin conditions) and you can tint the front. Nope. This only remains true, with a doctors note, for "removable" tint. Such as, the ugly shades that suction to your side windows or the removable tint that is used for babies. This is because, even with a doctors note, this tint or shade will have to be removed in the hours of darkness. I know it sucks cause I'm from Arizona where I was used to having dark tint on my windows. It's just not worth it to keep getting stopped just for your tint.

never had a problem :D
of course my truck is usually covered with so much mud you cant see if the windows are tinted anyway :cheers:

i think its not a big deal as you see a lot of vehicles with limo on the front or something similar. it all depends on the situation and the cop. i got popped for my tint because of my little wing windows.

Back