• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ebay account

rocklandxjer

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys,

ive been wanting to start a ebay "sellers" account for some time now, but it seems like you can only make ones with checking accounts..

now im only 17, so i still have a savings account, i have enough to start a checking account, but i dont wanna deal with all the fees and whatnot.

has anyone started, or know how to start a savings account for selling things on ebay? i have an ebay store locally, but they charge 35% screw that!!

thanks guys.
travis

rocklandxjer said:
hey guys,

ive been wanting to start a ebay "sellers" account for some time now, but it seems like you can only make ones with checking accounts..

now im only 17, so i still have a savings account, i have enough to start a checking account, but i dont wanna deal with all the fees and whatnot.

has anyone started, or know how to start a savings account for selling things on ebay? i have an ebay store locally, but they charge 35% screw that!!

thanks guys.
travis

a lot of banks have free basic checking , thats what i got when i started my sellers account, still have the same account today and have made over 1000 dollars just selling off spare parts from the various jeeps and trucks that i have had

You must be of the age of majority in order to sell on eBay. Meaning you must legally be able to enter into contracts. At age 17, you are not legally allowed to enter a contract unless you are an emancipated child. So basically, you need to wait until you are 18.

Its in their terms of service. Sorry to break it to you...

eh, im a co-signer on an card with my dad, i guess ill just use his checking account and make it to his name so its "legal"

or ill just wait till im 18 and get my own checking account.. then pony up the cash for the red name (and the sticker :) )

Back