• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Global Transmission Parts

Are you sure the existing ones are bad? I thought I saw someone else recently use this kit and had no issues.

I think so? I have to shift manually and have seemed to have lost 2nd gear. I was told by a local Jeep shop that it was either the fuse or solenoids. The fuse is fine. Thanks for the reply.

I think so? I have to shift manually and have seemed to have lost 2nd gear. I was told by a local Jeep shop that it was either the fuse or solenoids. The fuse is fine. Thanks for the reply.

What year? On the Renix Jeeps, there is a fuse taped up in the wiring harness near the trans computer that can blow and cause these symptoms. If you have a multimeter, you can do some quick troubleshooting before you go to the expense and effort of replacing the solenoids. There's a few guides on how to do that on NAXJA somewhere.

I should have put that down in the post first. I have an 1990 with the 4.0, AW4 auto and the NP242 transfer case. I found a fuse under the passenger side dash. I thought that was the fuse for the trans.

Back