• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 Trans Problem Help!!!!!!

89cherokeeJP

NAXJA Forum User
i've got the ever so famous BA10/5 and until now it's worked fine but on the way to work yesterday morning it started acting up just as i got to work which is about 6 miles from house . when i started it that morning it was fine then just as i pulled into work i put it in first and it made a grinding noise as soon as i heard the noise i let the clutch pedal out while in first and it stopped it only seems to do it when it's at operating temps because i drove it today and until it warmed up it drove fine it will make the noise even in netural with the clutch pressed in but as soon as i let it out in neutral it stops. i really need to fiqure this out because it's my DD and i need it back on the road asap

P.S. and all the gears shift fine

Sounds like the bearing on the front of the slave to me. If it is, the transmission will have to come out.

Back