• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Intake Manifold Rubber Fitting

XJ_NorCal

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have a part number or description for this rubber fitting? It's cracked and brittle so I'd like to replace it. It looks like a rubber vacuum fitting but my local auto parts store doesn't have it.

1998 XJ
4.0 Inline 6
AW4 tranny

358zxhy.jpg

Try Dorman 46022. This is technically for a Ford but worked well on my '00. Thing is on my '00 the vacuum lines are on the side of the intake manifold and not on top like yours. I have three and this is what I used for the middle one. To see where I am talking about look here. See the pictures in post #4 and #6.

https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f67/installing-99-intake-manifold-96-a-118050/

Not to get off topic, cause I would just post a picture to show you what I am talking about, but does anybody know why I can't on this forum? Do I need a 3rd part image thing? Cause on the other forums I just post my shots. I don't want a 3rd party thing like Photobucket.

This is one of those things that if you could find the part would mostly likely have to buy the plastic line with the rubber elbows. Mopar likes to do stuff like that. Some rubber elbows can be replaced with vacuum line. For instance the one in front on the intake manifold in my '00 can. That is because the nipple on the manifold is the same size as the hard plastic line. Or close enough that it does not matter. On my Jeep the part you are replacing is not though. The nipple on the manifold and the plastic line are different sizes.

Back