• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

some injector questions and advice please

fuelfox4949

NAXJA Forum User
yes i searched and read high and low but i am looking to see what others know/think before i purchase.

i replaced a lot of things in my engine a year ago and it runs okay but it seems to me that something is not right. long story short i think it is my injectors that are hurting my performance.

i bought some Bosch 4 hole on eBay that was supposed to be for the neon but instead they sent me ford injectors and i read that they do work so digging around the last few nights and reading i think they are to low of pressure.

so what i gather is my
stock injector was part number 530307778 and that is 23 lbs
the ford are #0280150943 and what i found on the net are 21 lbs
i found the neon #0280155703 and they are 23.7 lbs

can anyone help and confirm if these numbers are correct, if the lbs are correct, and what i should really be running.

so now i am looking on the eBay for #280155703 but am worried i could get sent the ford again so does anyone have a seller on eBay they bought from and know the injectors are legit?

any help would be great and thank you very much here is a short list of what i have in my Jeep...

1998 jeep xj 6.5 iror lift, iror hd tierod, iror adjustable drag link,
dana 44, 4.56 gears Eaton elocker, disc brakes, trussed, set of 32's goodyear mtr and set of 35 mtrs.

4.0 engine, apn header, bored throttle body 62mm, high flow cat,
cowl air intake thru firewall, accel ignition wires and cap,

also i plan to do the 99' intake manifold upgrade soon.

Ha, I bought a set from eBay that were suppose to be correct 4 hole and also ended up with the wrong yellow fords, went to scrap yard and robbed a few neons for their 703. The eBay seller was some injector rebuilder that said they were as close to stock as you can get but had 4 holes. Don't trust eBay sellers.

A lot of Ford injectors can be read by color. IIRC, yellow or orange is a 19# at 43.5. you can back probe your o2 sensor wires and read it with a multimeter . At wot you should look for around .7-.8 v. Any higher is probably to rich and much lower is getting lean. Or live data is better.

Here is something you might be missing. I am not going to lie. I really don't understand this. Little back story. Was getting a P0432 in my '00. Figured it was the cat but there are other things that could cause this. One was fuel trims. It came up right after a 4 hole injector install. Also replaced all 4 O2 sensors. Could have been a defective O2 sensor too. So it appears that injectors have flow rates. But the flow rates are related to the fuel pressure. Many flow rates appear to be based on 43.5 lbs of pressure like trippled pointed out. But in my '00 fuel pressure should be 49lbs plus or minus 5lbs to be within spec. Mine just happens to be right on 49lbs. Which means that, using trippled's example, you would have a higher flow rate then 19lbs. At least I am pretty sure that is how it works. Side note my P0432 was the cat. Replaced it and all is good.

well i guess i will try and order a set and see if the neon injectors will be better. if any else has advice or a guy they trust to buy them from let me know. thank you

well i guess i will try and order a set and see if the neon injectors will be better. if any else has advice or a guy they trust to buy them from let me know. thank you

I just ordered a set of 703 injectors from a guy on CF. he is the go to guy for injectors now. Came highly recommend from another NAXJA guy who use to rebuild and sell sets.

Jhc7399 on CF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 2000 and run the ford injectors. Motorcraft part# CM-4989
Ford 1F2Z-9F593-BA

Would these work with a '98? I like the idea of buying new injectors over eBay/salvage yard finds.

Would these work with a '98? I like the idea of buying new injectors over eBay/salvage yard finds.

no those will not work with a 98, since its a slightly different injector EV1 style for your jeep. there was a thread on here about 5 years ago that had some part number interchanges.

well i ordered a set from eBay and asked the seller many questions he assured me they were the Bosch i was looking for and has them in 2 of his Cherokees. so i will try them out and see how they are compared to those ford injectors.

i will add i just cleaned my nss because of no reverse lights and i was kinda bored... i then took it for a test drive and WOW its like i am driving a brand new Jeep. the contacts that touch the gear indicator was gunked up not allowing the spring to push the tab up.

just a update i installed the 703 injectors and took out the ford injectors that were sent to me. it was a great success! there is a large difference and alot more pep, no hesitation.

however let me inform that before i installed these i had pulled my nss out and cleaned it and aligned it back on and also adjusted the cable via the button on the throttle body.

so im sure it was a bit of both but i am very happy with the 703 injectors so far.

Back