• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1984 cherokee-2.5l mods?

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
I know, I know an 84 with a 2.5, make you want to puke in yer mouth.My buddy just picked up an 84 2dr, with a sacked out 2.5. He found another 2.5 to rebuild and is insistant on using the 2.5l. I told him he's better off using a chev v6 or the like. Is there anyone out there that sells performance parts for these things?? The engine bay looks way different than my 89 xj, probably a tight squeeze for a 4.0., Please help me sway him,cause I know he is going to regret building the 2.5.

I built a 2.5L and loved it on the trail. Freeways in the mountains were not the best. I converted from the Carter YFA carb on the 84-85 to the throttle body injection on the 86. I also used a Mopar "purple" cam and Clifford headers. I got 28mpg at 60mph here at 5000 feet. I ran 35's with 4.56 gears.

Back