NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old August 14th, 2017, 12:21
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Looking for a winch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green XJ Jeep View Post
With the sitewide 10% thing they may not match but here is a post from
Quadratec http://www.naxja.org/forum/member.php?u=47373

"The majority of our Web Department own XJ's. They really push for any new XJ parts in the catalog and on the web.

We do price shop our competition now, and if a price is less elsewhere we do price match.

Also: We offer a forum discount to members! For a discounted quote you can go about it 3 ways:

1) PM me with your first & last name, address, zip and the part numbers you would like to order. I'll reply back with a discounted quote if applicable. This takes 1-2 business days (or less) on average depending on PM volume.

2) E-mail my sales rep Rob at: RobW@quadratec.com Tell him you're a Forum user and would like a discounted quote. He'll get that going for you. He typically responds within hours if it's Mon-Fri 8am-5pm Eastern.

3) Call my sales line at 1-800-745-2348. Tell them you're a Forum user and would like to place an order with your Forum discount. Their hours are Mon-Thurs 8am-Midnight, Friday 8am-9pm, Saturday 9am-5pm.

Whichever you prefer works for us.

Thanks & have a great day!

-Rick"

Then there is DavesOffroadSupply http://www.naxja.org/forum/member.php?u=68839
Not sure if he price matches but doesn't hurt to ask.
Thanks for the info! I called Dave, he couldn't match and Quadratec's price is insane @ $727.19, so with the 10% not even close to $497 shipped. I will use this info in the future for Quadratec though, I've had good experiences with them so far.
Old August 14th, 2017, 12:22
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Nope 4wd and 4wheelparts are the same
Thanks, now I know who else to stay away from ! It was unreal how unprofessional and unhelpful their customer service people were, they failed multiple times over the course of multiple days, lies and plenty of false promises. Live and learn!
Old August 14th, 2017, 13:16
NAXJA Member 4950

Quote:
Originally Posted by volumeknob View Post
Thanks, now I know who else to stay away from ! It was unreal how unprofessional and unhelpful their customer service people were, they failed multiple times over the course of multiple days, lies and plenty of false promises. Live and learn!
I have a 4wheeparts local to me and have those experience at their retail location.
So far the best online retailer i have dealt woth is Morris
Old August 14th, 2017, 16:51
NAXJA Member

Quote:
I have a 4wheeparts local to me and have those experience at their retail location.
So far the best online retailer i have dealt woth is Morris
I agree, I've had great experience with Morris. Bought my front bumper from them. When I got it UPS had destroyed the packaging and lost parts. I sent them an email about what happened, no fauLtd of theirs, and they immediately sent my out the replacement parts at zero cost to me for anything.
Old August 28th, 2017, 12:44
NAXJA Forum User

I told you guys I'd keep my promise

What do you guys think of the solenoid box placement? It's the only spot I can put it, that'll clear that stupid hoop. I feel like keeping it faced down is best. Kinda sucks that I'd be loosing some approach angle but I like being able to take it off when I'm not wheeling.

I plan on adding a L bracket to capture the other mounting bolt you can see above

Old August 28th, 2017, 13:11
NAXJA Member 4950

Photobucket strikes again
Old August 28th, 2017, 14:58
NAXJA Forum User

No workie?
Old August 28th, 2017, 15:04
NAXJA Member 4950

Nope.
Unless you paid your extortion fee it isnt gonna
Old August 28th, 2017, 21:30
NAXJA Forum User

What do y'all use?
Old August 28th, 2017, 22:17
NAXJA Member 4950

Quote:
What do y'all use?
Imagur or tapatalk i believe is what most folks are using
Old August 29th, 2017, 07:54
NAXJA Forum User

I decided to just mount it with the supplied brakcet in this orentation above.

Was going to do it like this below but didn't like the cables hanging from the bottom.

Hopefully these work. This was a rough mock up I did last week with the harbor freight hitch mount. The mount is pretty whimpy but I'm sure it'll be just fine.
Old August 29th, 2017, 09:04
NAXJA Member

Quote:

I decided to just mount it with the supplied brakcet in this orentation above.

Was going to do it like this below but didn't like the cables hanging from the bottom.

Hopefully these work. This was a rough mock up I did last week with the harbor freight hitch mount. The mount is pretty whimpy but I'm sure it'll be just fine.
I'd be super worried about the lack of protection. Why not mount it on the bumper in the holes provided so it's out of danger?

SeXJ Build Thread
Old August 29th, 2017, 09:08
NAXJA Forum User

That receiver tube mount looks scary(tied into sheetmetal), what do the bumper mounts look like? It might not be suitable/safe for winching.
Old August 29th, 2017, 09:24
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1977p View Post
I'd be super worried about the lack of protection. Why not mount it on the bumper in the holes provided so it's out of danger?
It has to be mounted to the hitch mount in some fashion so the winch remains removable. It's only rotated 90 degrees from where Warn tells you to mount it (on top of the motor) which is actually more vulnerable that how I have it now ( behind the motor).
Old August 29th, 2017, 09:27
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP Phx View Post
That receiver tube mount looks scary(tied into sheetmetal), what do the bumper mounts look like? It might not be suitable/safe for winching.
The bumper mounts are 1/4" plate (3) holes per side and then it ties into the front cross section with (2) more bolts. The entire bumper is made from 1/4" plate from what I can tell. I'll take some pics of the mounts and the receiver tube.