• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Prop Valve Recommendations?

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
I have a Ford F150 Dana 44 with the large disc brakes on the front and I have a Jeep D44 rear that I have been running for years. I am putting New Yorker rear discs on.

Any recommendations of a good prop valve solution?

I also need to source a short flex hose from the old D44 stainless lines to the banjo connector for the calipers. Any ideas?

You can buy adjustable prop valves that let you dial in whatever you want. I've never used them but I saw them a few times while I was looking for options.

For the rear 44 I used TJ soft lines, Dorman H621321 and H621322. I drilled a couple of holes in the leaf perches and bolted to them. This was for the TJ disc brakes, should be similar to the Ford

New_Rear_Soft_Line_Routing.sized.jpg

There are some extended soft lines too. They are all pretty much the same 3/16 fittings so even front lines would work

Thanks for the numbers. It gives me a starting point. Hope to knock out the caliper mounting plates tomorrow. I really helps having a CNC.:shhh:

I'm currently using KJ rears.

MJ distribution block is not a prop block, for two years I used no prop valve, proportion was perfect. I cannot convince anyone one to try that first...........oh well.......

When I installed my rear axle I used a new Dakota soft line, wasn't until recently that I spent the $100 and replaced the Dakota with a braided line..........I'll never use a rubber soft line again. I used SS lines on motorcycles before.....really didn't think it would make that big a difference on the truck, it does.

2000 S10 lines......10", banjo to 3/16, pretty common, or just have some made.

You have access to CNC, the world is your onion, you can produce any thing you want? New Yorker would be the last car I'd think to snag brakes from.
You have tons of options.

My rears came this week.

If you are going to CNC your backing plate..............double up, mirror image.

Hydraulic parking/hand brake......only way to go. I just couldn't get Wilwood to be interested in making one for the 8.25 and I didn't want to spend months back and forth with a custom shop getting them made.

Wilwood adjustable proportioning valve and look at the ZJ rear lines.

I planned on that valve too. I swapped an 8.8 in and didn't change anything and works pretty good. When I go to tons I think I'll spend the $50 or so for one. For the price I like the idea of being able get it where I like it or change whenever I feel the need.

I have a Ford F150 Dana 44 with the large disc brakes on the front and I have a Jeep D44 rear that I have been running for years. I am putting New Yorker rear discs on.

Any recommendations of a good prop valve solution?

I also need to source a short flex hose from the old D44 stainless lines to the banjo connector for the calipers. Any ideas?

I swapped TJ discs on my rear D44 when I built it 10yrs ago and just used the full TJ rear brakeline setup. I crushed the driver side hard line last year while playing in the rocks, so when I tried to order another TJ drivers side line, I was faced with a nationwide backorder for Omix lines, or I could spend $180 for an old stock Jeep dealer option.

I had Evco House of Hose build me a custom SS flex line with banjo for the drivers side, $45.

Back