• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

is it possible the ABS is pulling my XJ left when braking?

Exactly. If the problem goes away then you know where to look...

(Says the guy who just spent an hour changing a rear wheel hub only to realize it was the little ball-joint dust shield scraping against the rotor.)

Not exactly. If the abs was activating then yes. My point was if there was a hydraulic problem in the abs circuit, pulling the fuse will not do anything.

junkyard abs unit swap ? if u really want to confirm
I still feel like its not going to be the abs unit. I talked to my other mechanic friend *hes 60. he said its not the abs pump.
He said its a blocked line somewhere.

Guys, I will let you know what was the problem.

But its hydraulic, thats for sure. I just didnt konw if the ABS unit could affect the Hydraulic pressure.

I doubt you have an abs problem. What does it do reversing and braking. Shocks in good shape? Do you have recent alignment numbers?

Its a brake issue, while rolling there is equal drag on left and right side.

I will give it a go with the bypass lines, see what happends!

I have been working on the ABS brakes of my $200 89 XJ that has been parked for over 15 years in my garage & waiting for it's turn.

Back in year 2002 I bought this from a neighbor for parts, but decided to save it because it has a very good almost totally rust free body and under 200,000 miles. (clear coat is failing, sad)

Son and I just recently put in almost new Mopar rebuilt 4.0, new gas tank & fuel pump.

Question:
Did you ever figure out what was causing brakes pulling to the left?

:cheers:

A fault in the abs wheel sensor circuit could cause one side to brake more than the other. Also could be mechanical, hydraulic issues with brakes that over that the abs cant counter, ie worn pads, grease on rotor, fluid leak, worn, leaky cylinders, pinched off tubes, internally swollen hose, blockages, etc....

Good Luck, Keep Jeeping!

Sorry about resurrecting a old thread but I had a similar problem.

My brake pull ended up being a rear drum brake shoe problem, one of the springs had broken and destroyed the friction material.

Just thought I'd post in case someone else needed help.

Back