• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.6 build starts today!!!

If they were NASA certified than we would know they were accurately obtained under industry guidelines.

WOW !!! So 50 yrs of experience(they might know what their doing) and one of the best reputations in town(they are lying to everybody) doesn't mean anything to you?
Who do you use?

Nobody ever said they didn't know what they were doing.
By your own admission they tested with various parameters. My only comments were that the end numbers didn't fit the model tested.

WOW !!! So 50 yrs of experience(they might know what their doing) and one of the best reputations in town(they are lying to everybody) doesn't mean anything to you?
Who do you use?

Answer the question????????????????

I use a well respected orginazation that speiclizes in high performance.
They use a name know brand dyno set to a 3300 lb load.

The test starts at somewhere between 1800 and 2500 RPM with a 1:1 ratio. The test ends when power drops off, rev limit is reached or the owner of the test subject provides rev limit input. Safety factors such as tire speed ratings are also taken into account.

With this information the actual name is unimportant.

If OP can get a second opinion test run at another shop, this could help end the debate. either the other shop will get a similar numbers or a completely different one. Assuming they are set up right for the test

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If OP can get a second opinion test run at another shop, this could help end the debate. either the other shop will get a similar numbers or a completely different one. Assuming they are set up right for the test

The only ones debating it are you! I'm totally comfortable with my build having done Chevy I-6's in my 40yrs of engine building!

John,
So you belong to a "Secret Society of Dyno Operators", I just want a business name, website, or contact info!

DynoJet chassis dyno to a CDS (Competition Data Systems) data logging system.

That's funny, that's what Loper's use and Dynojet's page brags about their system reading the same(regardless of the model) no matter where your located!

DynoJet chassis dyno to a CDS (Competition Data Systems) data logging system.

Thank you. I have to admit statements like "I use a well respected orginazation that speiclizes in high performance" and "They use a name know brand dyno" leave questionable credibility at best through the course of this discussion.

Given two sides to a debate, which of which is basically "someone somewhere uses something and its dead accurate" vs pages of explicit details with charts, graphs and printouts lends me to think that RCP and Lopers are probably pretty on point here.

I might have to talk to Russ about copying this formula for my 2000.

Cal, don't you dare!!! I want to be the only kid on the block with one! :yelclap:

The only ones debating it are you! I'm totally comfortable with my build having done Chevy I-6's in my 40yrs of engine building!

???? You might be getting me confused with someone else. I haven't debated in this thread lol
You can go look and check lol
I'm just trying to help end everyone else uncertainty if your claim is true or not.
By doing a separate test, you could put a end to everyone's debate

The only ones debating it are you!

I was as well, but trying to be polite about it.

I still disagree with the numbers, they just don't make sense. I would love to see a second dyno run from an independent source with no knowledge of the first run. It would be very interesting to see how close the results are??

That being said...you are happy, and that's really all that matters here. I also wouldn't expect someone to go drop $$$ for another run just to satisfy a few doubters on the interweb. :cheers:

Cal, don't you dare!!! I want to be the only kid on the block with one! :yelclap:

You and Cal live on different blocks, as do I.:) Gotta finish my perpetual home remodel so that I can spend some time on a stroker build.

I might have to talk to Russ about copying this formula for my 2000.

The reason I've been watching this thread so closely is because Russ has been building a full port head and matching intake for my (non-stroked at this time) 4.0 project. I'm also going with the same cam as RCP and can't wait to get all this goodness back on my Jeep!

I'm also currently getting a stroker kit, including fully ported head with LS valves and matching intake, from Russ. I'll see if I can get it dynoed by end of September.

I'm sitting back here wondering. How did they get it in to 3rd and have it hold 3rd, from what 1500RPM up, while under full throttle? I know there are ways. But did they really go through all the splicing of wiring and such just to get this to happen?

unplug TCU

jumper torque converter wire for lockup.

As I said I know its not that hard, but did a dyno shop know that, and did they do that?

You can call me any name you wish.

Bottom line is the dyno printout may show you big numbers.
What is missing is an accurate explanation of how those numbers were obtained.

The overall TQ number and the HP/TQ spread simply doesn't make any sense. Add in the parasitic drag and the story becomes even harder to believe.

Go happy thinking you have a beast of an engine but never forget those whom know the facts.

I90
They use a name know brand dyno set to a 3300 lb load.

The test starts at somewhere between 1800 and 2500 RPM with a 1:1 ratio. The test ends when power drops off, rev limit is reached or the owner of the test subject provides rev limit input. Safety factors such as tire speed ratings are also taken into account.

With this information the actual name is unimportant.

Yeah its so well respected that you wont refer it.
At this pont the name and contact info is important. Kind of hard for the op to contact them and find out their test procedures and compare that info with Loper's

Back