• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Camber / Caster Causing Tire Problems...HELP?!

TXSizedJeep

NAXJA Forum User
231480414.jpg

231480405.jpg

specs: 98 XJ w/ mix & match 6" lift and 33x12.5x15 ProComp Xterrains
HP Dana 30 up front and 8.25 in the rear...both open diffs

my question is what caused the tires to wear so SHI*Y and what can i do so the next set doesnt do this!?

oooh and then if you wanna throw in your opinion for what the next set of rubbers should be...id love to hear it!

thanks and Gig Em!!!

-Cannon (Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2009)

Shoot '09 Smoke '11

get an alignment it could be toe in also

holy crap, why are you asking this question now that your tires are shot? I mean this just didnt happen over night(although i realize xterrains are very soft)

haha yea ive been meaning to do something about it for a few months now i am just really good at procrastinating!

when i got it aligned originally (when i got the tires put on) they said that the camber was pretty bad and spent a few hours trying to get it fixed and then came back and said that they got it as close to perfect as they could??

i need to get a new front axle anyways since i have a broken seal on the drivers side...could it just be that the axle is warped and thats why they couldnt get the camber right?? i dont want to waste another set of tires...

any ideas on how to fix this?

I know what the cup in middle is cause by lead foot, the wear on the outside appears to be toe in. You might have worn ball joints etc and alignment not holding true all the time. Use less air to help offset your lead foot or go to high speed rated tire design to counter that type of wear. I am betting at 80, you ll be driving on about inch to two inch of rubber. Centrifical force narrows the tire out the speed increase. It funny to think about 1/2 in section(about .25 square inches) of tire is all that is touching at 140 in a no/low speed rated tire. The little center section gets very very hot too. I love to tell that story when you driving 120 to your passengers who already got his fingers inbedded in the dash.

Thanks
Alabama Bill

Back