• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need SYE advice

Well, what year XJ do you have? If it's 97+, you should count on needing a SYE. If you are pre 96, i believe, you will probably be able to get away with using a T-case drop and shims.

If you have to get an SYE, you will be fine getting an RE hack n tap and an RE CV driveshaft as well. I know advance adapters has them and Tom Wood's has driveshafts.

I'm not exactly the smartest person on this subject, but use the search, it's definetly your friend.

You may or may not need one. Depends on the Jeep. Each is different. If you can afford it, go ahead and get one. Otherwise, install the lift and see if you need one.

I run the AA HD SYE and I am pleased with it.

Kevin

I wouldnt spend my money on a early model H&T unless they come down in price,right now you can buy a JB Conversions HD unit for under 200$!!!Better deals are around at the various vendor's!

2004.01.04.jpg

Last edited:
You may get away without one, with a small t-case drop, but the SYE is the right way to go and you'll end up doing it eventually anyway. There is no point whatsoever of not getting one of the HD 32 spline SYE kits, when you get one.....the difference in price is VERY minor.

Remember, there are two things to think about regarding the driveline when you lift......the u-joint angles to avoid vibration, and the length of the driveline.

BIG NASTY said:
Should I get the SYE and CV shaft ?

YES!!!

unless you just don't have the $$, then start saving up to get it.

:)

Back