• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power steering leak. Do I care?

xCWolf

Bring the Boom
NAXJA Member
My power steering is SLOWLY leaking fluid. took about a year and a half to pretty much empty out. I don't really want to fix it. Assuming I just keep putting in power steering fluid it shouldn't cause any other issues should it? It's not going to cause anything else to break correct?

well no but it could get worse. could just be a loose clamp.

I'll tighten the clamps up. I had it replaced like a week after I got the cherokee. Thought I blew a headgasket AND power steering but it was just power steering. Paid to have it replaced =( (had it towed to the shop and than they told me it was just power steering figured might as well have it done since it's there.)

Just blow it down with brake cleaner and watch to see where it's coming from. I'm replacing mine currently. It's really not thy bad. Worst part is swapping the pulley over to the new one. Mine was leaking on the back, not visible. I doubt it's leaking from a hose. If it's the pressure hose leaking you will see it right on top. If it's not leaking there it's probably from the pump itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Care.

Find the leak and fix it. I recently replaced the reservoir O-ring for .35 cents, which stopped a 10-year slow leak down the side of the block. A *dog* should not have to put up with that kind of aggravation.

Back