• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 First time build

c2d492ba6ba67688e908c5db80af19ce.jpg
7046801c2087f00224007f436a5bffe5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hurry up. Were wheeling by St Elmo this weekend. You should make some runs with us when you finish.

I used a c rok steering box spacer on mine. You can buy with sleeves and bolts, which I did. High quality. Or stinkyfab on here also offers a solid spacerkit.

Oh man. If you all roll through Pitkin look for the brown house with big metal out building down on river. Big black jeep in driveway. Silver jeep in yard. Along with other ornaments.

Won't be done by this weekend however really looking forward to rollin with the crew.

The chances of busting bolts is high, especially if the old shocks are really worn. Might not be the worst idea to just plan on them busting and having new bolts ready.

I second what trippled says about the steering brace. Beef that area up as much as possible. I ripped the unibody up on my xj at the steering box due to lack of support. Now my junk is on jack stands waiting for me to work on it. So far I've made about as much progress on that as Rosie Odonnel on weight watchers....

362f0fdc2ef76a1ff0a199863254b797.jpg

Got it out. Had no idea took a special tool for trans cooler line.

52fc0874f50ef8a2a1e4bebf95c0d946.jpg

Made a tool once could I could figure out what was dealing with.

It is bent in picture, was wrapped nicely around radiator line.

Okay. Moving forward again.
Got frame rails mostly welded on. I still need to remove carpet and weld up into floor pans. One or two other spots also need attention.
9a590322fb032103da5cbe224db23b41.jpg
ced98e6c794846d409be55d4613c92d5.jpg
1f99eedfdb9ed918bab5b0701c553a49.jpg

Driver side ready for ball joint removal. Passenger side needs to be taken down to axle.

Then it's time to start installing the new stuff!

Back