• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ knuckles and stock steelies

nblanton

NAXJA Forum User
My understanding is that there is no way this works.

I'm just wanting to make sure before I start building up welds on my current knuckles to fill the dents from the brake pads. I don't have the money to upgrade my wheels at the moment and just bought brand new 31s for my stock 15x7s.

Yes there is no chance of that working.

Some people have gotten by with 15" aftermarket wheels that don't have much backspacing, but in stock format there is no way.

I appreciate it. I've searched but couldn't get an exact answer.

For all the information out there, it would be nice if there was a list of wheels that work. Seems like everything else has been pretty well beaten to death on the topic, but I couldn't find anything specific about wheels.

I just read another thread where they said that 15" work with spacers. I'm just concerned about running spacers as I've never put them on a vehicle before.

I think I'm good for now, I welded and reflattened the driver knuckle where the pads had ate into them this afternoon, I'm going to do the other side tomorrow. I'm in the middle of about 10 different things on the old truck this week, so this is something else I'm looking at. Replacing the frame channel over the rear passenger side is a big concern for the immediate future, as I don't have a place to mount my bumpstops.

I just read another thread where they said that 15" work with spacers. I'm just concerned about running spacers as I've never put them on a vehicle before.
Good quality hub/lug centric spacers/adapters are a non-issue.
Poly performance/Synergy, Spidertrax, even some of the no name brands. work well.

Back