• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Running ARB locker off of ac pump air compressor

Jeepguy91

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Looking at picking up a used ARB air locker for my Dana 44 front axle. I have converted my ac pump to be my air compressor with a 2.5 gallon tank sitting back in my cargo area. Will I be able to use my air compressor setup to feed air to the locker? Been trying to look around to find someone who has done it before but no luck so far. Any insight on how to do it would be great.

Thanks,
Ben

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Absolutely!

why wouldnt you? the AC compressor typically is well over double the CFM of a 12V compressor.

just be mindful of the pressure the ARB needs to function, and the pressure switch you have for your OBA.

Last edited:
Right now the pressure switch I have is on at 90 psi and off at 120 psi. Tank wis rated for 150psi.

I believe ARB lockers specify 80-90 max psi so you either need a regulator or a lower pressure switch.

I ran three different ARBs over the years off my same OBA system. It was regulated to 160psi and worked great. The ARB itself can handle tons of psi, the solenoids cannot. I ran the power tank air switches to make higher pressures ok. ARB has some info here http://blog.arbusa.com/?p=220

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back