• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door Lock Trouble Shoot 97 XJ

Patriotsix

NAXJA Forum User
I replaced the passenger side lock and window unit which fixed and restored my electric locking ability for a total of 5 minutes before they broke again but this time it's different! If you hit the switch on the driver door to the left it makes a noise like it's working and If you keep holding it, it sounds like a motor running until you let off. Flipping it to the right makes no noise at all. I'm determined to make this dang thing work so where should I start?

I lied, they all work correctly except the driver door. The driver door will still operate all the other locks correctly too. It just won't lock its self. It makes a continuous whining noise as long as I hold the button. I'll take the panel off today after I'm off duty.

sounds like the lock actuator is bad. i would confirm that its getting the correct voltage. it flips its voltage for lock and unlock.

Back