• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

mj highly modified Brake setup help

I'm also running 8.8 disc brakes with wj front brakes. Still using the stock booster and master. Only thing I have done is pull the prop valve o-ring to even out the braking. Will lock up 35's and has good pedal pressure. The pedal shouldn't be bottoming out mechanically at all.

What year model xj?

I seriously wonder if you don't just have a master that's too big. While the bigger one will reduce pedal travel it will reduce pressure at the calipers. Maybe the Durango uses a larger booster to compensate for that? I'm not sure. Might be worth looking for a 1 1/16 master

This could be an issue I confirmed that the pushrod length is fine inside the cab and by peddle travel before master cylinder engagement I’m pretty sure pushrod between booster and MC is correct. Guess I need to hunt for a new MC with. Smaller bore.

One thing not mentioned yet is end-play with c-clip axles. I haven't shimmed my 8.25 yet, but I will do it the next time I get into the read end!

Back