• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

took to shop now 4x4 doesnt work

Kiefer316

NAXJA Forum User
well i needed new seals for the front axle so i took it to a shop and they fixed that. now i just tried using my 4x4 and to my suprise its not working. my question is should i ask them to fix it. it worked awesome when i had it before and it dont work now and i was really plannin on goin wheelin soon...

I guess that depends. Do you have a axle disconnect or not?
If you do, then maybe they screwed it up. Check the vacuum lines......If you don't have the disconnect It's hard to see that happen after a seal replacement. Your shifter works , right?

i belive it is a disco 30 and shifter does move and feels like its in 4x4 just don't feel like front axle is locking in.

Assuming you have a disco axle, I would check the vacumn lines as thats easy to fix yourself. They may be knocked off or maybe even put back on wrong. Otherwise, I would give them a call and see if they'll take care of it.

Back