• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for parts recomendations.

Dragonlich1961

NAXJA Forum User
1994 jeep xj, 4.0 aw4, looking to finally purchase the parts needed to lift my jeep. Jeep is my daily driver,more street time than offroad. so ride quality is a concern. Also looking to only have to do this once. one and done, and im doing it right.
looking for recomendations or concerns with some of the parts im looking at ordering.

newish to lifting jeeps, other than dealing with the poor excuss of a lift on mine,(RC springs and AAl's)
Iro- short arm adj's control arms, rubber bushings.
Iro- Leafs 3.5 lift.
Iro- coils 4 inch lift.
Iro- bilstien shocks(4.5 lift)
HD offroad- no lift shackle relocates.
Rustys, trackbar upgrade to double shear mount.( i allready have and installed, currently with a TRE.)
Rough county- Control arm drop brackets.
Total of above parts was arouond 1600.

Things i already have,
Sye and driveshaft, (installed) Xj-auto front shaft in rear.
brakelines.(installed)
swaybar links. (installed)
Roughcountry lift shackles. Not installled)

Vehicle is currently equiped with a detours front bumper w/winch(backbone) rear bumper and tire carrier (tail bone) and rocksliders.

Ironman makes some solid control arms, definitely should check them out.

Pass on the rustys.

Another suggestion, look at OME. If your main concern is ride quality, hands down one of the best kits out there. What are you running for tire size or want to run? You may not need CA drop brackets, just depends.

Cuttenly has a sagged 3 inch lift RC lift that was sagged to 2 inches. currenly running 30's not looking to upsize the tires since the one's i have , easilly have over half tread left. looking to eventually run 33'x12.

im looking at the rusty's upgrade since i already have a their trackbar but the TRE version and the joint went south on me due to running a minimum height of 3.5 inch tackbar on a 2 inch lift. my fault. Tre do not like contacting the diff cover.
one think i like about IRO's leaf springs is millitary wrap.

I really recommend against IRO, as they have just about the worst customer service.

I once had their brake line fail on the trail - they were only a few months old, and one literally exploded on me on a steep hill climb with a cliff right behind me. It clearly wasn't due to being yanked on (full droop i still had a couple inches of play left), and i sent IRO some pics, asking for another one, due to the failure. He comes back a few weeks later asking for a couple more pictures later, like whatever I already got new brake lines, but what's wrong with a spare. After the course of MONTHS, he finally says I have to send back the broken brake line, and he would inspect it to see if I could get another one, which I thought was BS. It takes months for a reply, and I can't even get another part without holding onto a junk brake line?

Anyways, I have Rubicon Express control arms and brake lines now, and I really like them.

IRO makes very good parts. I have never needed any customer service for IRO parts. I have spoken with the IRO staff and managment and been to their retail store many times. They are nice folks and very willing to answer questions and solve problems.

If I were you I would tackle your track bar system. Rubicon Express also has a decent setup. Depends on your budget. If you want to do it once and never worry about it then a lot of what we make might be a good idea. However, you sorta get what you pay for in this business. We're notably a hair more expensive than most, but ask anyone that has our stuff. Its for good reason. There's a lot of thought and time that goes into what we make and how we make it.

Here's our track bar system.

http://www.ironman4x4fab.com/Products/XJ_TBS.html

IRO makes very good parts. I have never needed any customer service for IRO parts. I have spoken with the IRO staff and managment and been to their retail store many times. They are nice folks and very willing to answer questions and solve problems.

I second this. I run a bunch of IRO parts and never had a major issue with them and they've always been helpful. Not all their parts are the best but for what I've used them for no complaints.

The OME springs should be military wrap as well. Personally, I would go OME for ride quality. You rarely ever hear anyone complain about them and while they might be a little more it will at least be done right. While I understand you already have the rustys TB kit, IMHO they make junk. While it may be cheaper just as Andy pointed out you get what you pay for.

Only place in their states I can find ome springs is rocky road, is this correct? I hear great things about ome leaf springs, not sure on their coils. May also pick up their drop brackets, they look better Constructed then RC's.

If you are looking into OME springs, my personal experience says avoid East Coast Jeeps (an Amazon vendor) like the plague. They provided absolutely no customer support. I need to write up a review regarding them for the sake of folks at large.

A tip I would offer regarding ordering leaf springs: Order one spring, wait a week and then order the second spring. The reason for this is that no one seems to have a box that will withstand a 50 to 75lb chunk of steel. It is much simpler to slap a label on the spring itself and just ship that puppy. You would think that would be fine, but the shipping gorillas seem to take it as a challenge: "Can we break this?" In my case the answer was "Yes". And then came the need for customer service. And thus I learned about East Coast Jeeps.

Back