• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

$500 - 1998 ZJ 4.0L 242 for parts or repair

egon

Dunlop Slayer
NAXJA Member
1998 ZJ 4.0L 242 being cut up for parts

So I had put this up last year and I still have this ZJ. Unfortunately for sitting for awhile some rust has taken over an area that must have been damaged at some point. Anyway, the uniframe at the passenger rear LCA is rusted/rotted where it requires repair. Due to this I have lowered the price and offer the ZJ as a parts vehicle. It still has a good engine and drive-train. When I drove this regularly it would always return 20-22 MPG highway. As in just outside NYC to Washington DC or Boston and back on one tank of gas. Much of the rest of the ZJ is in good shape too. I can't sell it though as a vehicle safe to drive without repair. If you interested, you'd have to bring a trailer.

1998 ZJ Laredo
White with grey trim
4.0 w/140K
42RE w/deep pan
NP242
D30/D35 3.55

Pretty basic ZJ, in reasonably good shape. I bought it at 70K and went though everything. New AC evaporator, rear main seal, synthetic everywhere. Put the deep trans pan and filter from the 99 and up WJ. Euro headlights and H4s. It does need a tune up and most likely a IAC motor. Comes with pile of spare parts including most of what you need for a tune up and a trans service.

$500

--Matt

Last edited:
Bring this back to the top.

I'm going to start to part this ZJ out.

Planning to keep the t-case, drive shafts, speakers, euro headlights and clear corners, and the generic spare parts.

I'm still open to let it go as a whole if you're willing to make an offer.

--Matt

Folks,

So DITA and I will be cutting this ZJ up in the next few weeks. He's taking the motor and a few other items. The front LP 30 may be spoken for. Let me know if you want something and I will let you know condition and price.

--Matt

What zip code are you in? How are the front seats?

Heavy,

Interior is in very good shape. The vehicle is in Woodbridge.

--Matt

I'm really only looking for some comfortable front seats for my XJ --

What color are they? Pictures? Can I come see it? -- I'm in Middlesex --08846

Heavy,

They are grey cloth. Let me see if I have pictures I can provide and of course you can come and look. I have ZJ buckets in my XJ and yes they are very comfortable. If I remember correctly they will bolt directly to the XJ adjusters.

--Matt

Re: 1998 ZJ 4.0L 242 being cut up for parts

So I had put this up last year and I still have this ZJ.

Trans still available?

Mattp

Yes, trans is available.

$175 for the trans, 8 quarts of synth +4, filter and gasket.

You'd have to come and pull it, I can assist.

--Matt

I just bought a ZJ and would need the drivers side arm rest and a center console

XJWonders,

Interior is grey. Center console is good shape, I'd want to get you a picture of the driver's arm rest as it has some wear.

--Matt

anyone looking for a good replacement engine it's right here -- I picked up the 2 front seats -- had to move the jeep to get access

Engine started right up, ran just fine, 154,000 miles or so

Back