• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ found expert advice needed!

steed76

NAXJA Forum User
I have been looking for an XJ for quite awhile, with the normal drivetrain stipulations. I think I have found one. It's a 2001 cherokee limited, leather, heated seats, alloys, etc, very nice vehicle. np231tc, 8.25 axle, yada yada. It has 84k miles, the dealer is asking 6995 for it, I ***** them first offer to 6100. Is this a good price? I checked it does have the 0331 cyl head, but no signs of coolant problems of any sort. by the way it hasn't even ben lot prepped so i saw it in its raw just traded in state. any advice that can be given is greatly appreciated. I'm looking next year to turn it into a strong DD with weekend wheelin equipment for some off-road travel. 5.5-6.0 lift with 33's. thanks guys for the wealth of info. I've learned alot here!:compwork:

Last edited by a moderator:
it seems like an average price. I've seen cheaper, I've seen more expensive. Depends on the condition of the rig and how badly you want it. ;)

Its gonna be hard to find an XJ with lower miles for a better price, id go with that. Ya know, if you want it to be dependable (O what the heck , they last forever) 6100 aint bad for a limited. Plus its one of the last of the dying breed.

Back