• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

moab camping ???

friscokidd

NAXJA Forum User
trying to plan a camping trip to moab soon. Anyone have some cool spots to set up camp? will be in a pop up camper and will have a 24' trailer with some toys (utv & atv) on it. do NOT want a "camp ground" place. Looking for free/open/no gates or them there things. Always hotel-ed it when I have been there so im clueless on camping. Any info would be awesome!!:viking:

There is BLM land off of Willow Spring, I've camped in there before and it was great, here are the directions to get there.

How To Get There: From Moab, go north on US Highway 191 for 12 miles. If coming from Crescent Jct. (I-70), go south on US Highway 191 for 18.7 miles.

Sand flats recreation area is up where Slickrock trail is. It's technically a campground, but when I went last august I had a whole "loop" of 10 sites to myself (there are 8 or 9 loops over several miles). You drive along a few miles of offroad trails that you can use your toys on too, so you can leave right from camp on your ATV and offroad.

There are several roads that leave from right in MOAB and go further into BLM land than I was willing to explore. I like Potash Rd. and Cane Creek Rd. Check em out on Google maps.

Sand flats recreation area is up where Slickrock trail is. It's technically a campground, but when I went last august I had a whole "loop" of 10 sites to myself (there are 8 or 9 loops over several miles).

you had the whole place to your self because you were in Moab in AUGUST!:looney::laugh:

sounds like a spot to definitely check out. looking for a place to go ride the quads straight from camp (preferred)

thanks!!!!!:patriot:

Back