• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Added some armor to the XJ....DPG and JKS

woodkrawler

NAXJA Forum User
Just thought i would show off the new armor on the XJ project. I added a DPG Rock Attack T-case skid and Gas tank skid, also added some JKS LCA skids. Still waiting on a set of RuffStuff diff guards and maybe, just maybe ill eventually get my Rigidco rear bumper/tire carrier. anyway check out the pics....tell me what you think.

Ill say this the DPG Products are EXTREMELY NICE and FIT PERFECT - Most any part i've ever added to a jeep has to be modified. I highly recommend them!

DSC02857.jpg

DSC02860.jpg

DSC02858.jpg

DSC02859.jpg

DSC02861.jpg

DPG makes great stuff. I have there gas tank skid & i can vouch for its quality. I also just bought the belly skid but have yet to mount it.
Did you have any problems with clearance at the cat??

niceee jeep!!!

i need to get skids

was the istalation easy?

woodkrawler said:
random shot of the jeep.
DSC02853.jpg

Hey, is that a DPG bumper as well? A couple of weeks ago, I stopped by Dirk's shop and he talked to me about lifting XJ's for at least 3 hrs. He told me that some guy from NC drove all the way to his shop in Kansas to put on a lift. I don't suppose that was you? It looks like Dirk's work. What a great guy, and very knowledgable. Whenever I am able to lift my XJ, I plan on ordering DPG's 4" RE hybrid lift.

Here's my stocky next to Dirk's. What puney jeep I have. Can't wait to lift it.
P5020007d.jpg

I did have a problem with the cat - my XJ came with the huge coffee can style cat so i had to cut it off and i replaced it with a carsound/magnaflow hi flow cat at the same time. you can see it in the first picture of the skid - i have plenty of clearance with that set up now.

installation was very easy for both, the dirk sends a factory nutstrip with the Gas Tank skid incase your XJ doesn't have it. the only trick on the Belly skid is the fuel lines, you just have to be careful not to drill into them. but all in all a very smooth install.

Front bumper is a Rock Lizard Fab front bumper. And no i did not drive all the way to DPG for the lift install, it was installed right here in charlotte in my garage. It is the RE 4.5" kit.

rhino317 said:
what kind of front bumper is that?
Two posts above yours.

By the way, the XJ looks great. I like those skids...looks like real quality stuff.

Looks good. Wish DPG made a gas skid for the early XJ's. Lookin at maybe a Skid Row. Thanks for posting your pics.

pottenger said:
Looks good. Wish DPG made a gas skid for the early XJ's. Lookin at maybe a Skid Row. Thanks for posting your pics.

thanks for the comments....i was looking at the skid row, because its very nice too but i decided on the DPG because dirk had these ready to go the next day and skid row was going to be about 3-4 weeks. supposedly they are re-designing their tank skid.

Yeah it looks good. DPG is great i got a 3inch ome lift from Dirk w/JKS quick disconnects and his cables came free. Next i want to get is their skid plates and rock sliders. Erik, Ca. Semper Fi

Back